Volunteer Delivery Driver
Could you join our volunteer team and provide practical help to individuals experiencing homelessness?
How you will make an impact
We are seeking volunteers to support our frontline homelessness services through collecting and helping deliver essential goods to our accommodation projects.
Due to the nature of this role, all volunteers must be aged 18 or over.
As a Volunteer Delivery Driver you will:
- Communicate with Volunteering Manager on requirements.
- Collect and deliver goods/packs to sites across Northern Ireland (will be agreed with you in advance).
- Advise staff if you are unable to collect/deliver any items.
- Wear ID badge provided.
- Discuss any problems or challenges with the Volunteering Mangager as they arise.
We’re with you every step of the way
As a Simon Community NI volunteer, you will receive excellent ongoing support from a supervisor, our Volunteering Manager, and existing volunteers. Before beginning your volunteering, you will receive a full induction and any necessary training, ensuring you feel a valuable member of the team from the start.
In addition to this you will also have the opportunity to:
- Be part of a team dedicated to ending homelessness.
- Enhance your CV by using and developing your interpersonal and communication skills.
- Receive out of pocket expenses as outlined in our Volunteer Expenses Policy.
The skills and personality we are looking for
- Motivated to support individuals who are experiencing homelessness
- Have a helpful and caring manner.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Willing to operate within all relevant Simon Community NI policies and guidelines, including safeguarding, health and safety, equal opportunities and confidentiality.
We will check your availability as required but this may initially be an occasional role to deliver items once or twice a month. Any increase on this will be discussed with you.
We would also ask that you commit to the following:
- Demonstrate Simon Community NI values of being non-judgmental and client led.
- Operate within all relevant Simon Community NI policies and guidelines, including safeguarding, health and safety, equal opportunities, and confidentiality.
Volunteers are entitled to claim out of pocket expenses to the accommodation project or Central Office and return journey.
Essential checks we will need to complete with you
Before you begin volunteering with us, we will process some routine pre-volunteering checks.
For this role, you will be asked to provide two satisfactory references. Please note that we cannot accept references from family members, or partners.
Ready to apply?
Please ensure you complete all sections of your application form, giving as much detail as you can.
After you submit your application, we will contact you with information on the next steps. If you experience any problems with your application, please contact us.
We look forward to receiving your application.