TRR / Cabling Operative x10
T: +353 (1) 457 5000
On the back of an ever-increasing workload, Freeflow Utility Support are looking for an experienced Cabling Operative.
As part of a Cabling Crew, you will report into the Operations Manager and Supervisor. You will be working on the upgrade & build of National Telecoms Infrastructure projects.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Test Roding and Roping of UG Ducts
- The identification of traffic management requirements
- The identification of tree cutting requirements if works are OH
- The production of A55 and B2B drawings on successful completion of tasks
- Reading an understanding Microsoft Word/Excel/PDF based Job Packs
- Reading and understanding BT Duct diagrams
- Working in confined spaces
- Working outdoors in all weathers.
- Travel to and from various exchange locations on completion of works
- Work to PON completion deadlines to ensure operational requirements are met
- Attend accredited training courses if required
- Adhere to all Circet UK and Freeflow Health and Safety policies at all times
- Weekend working at the discretion of the ops manager
- Stay away working if required to service our clients on a rota basis
- Previous Telecom experience & good understanding of the fiber network
- First Aid (Desirable)
- Manual Handling (Desirable)
- Hold a valid NRSWA Street works Operative License Unit 2
- Hold Openreach UG, jointing and cable accreditation modules (Desirable)
- Basic CRB Check less than 3 months old (Desirable)
- Full Driving License
- NOPS Registration
- Openreach Desirable Accreditations
Health & Safety Compliance:
- Monitor site practices and routines to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations, including the company H & S Policy, to minimize the likelihood of accidents and the resulting fines and compensation claims.
- Ensure training needs are identified and, in conjunction with HSEQ Department, arrange for personnel to attend such courses as are necessary. Failure to embrace a safe and secure environment can result in disciplinary proceedings.