T: (028) 9066 6188
Role: Transition Officer
Salary: Point 4 starting at £22,462 Pro rata
Hours: 19.5 per week
To deliver the Transition Service, which fully involves young people and their families to make decisions about their life after school. The Transition Officer will use an inter-agency approach to ensure a smooth transition post school into education, employment as well as exploring health & well-being opportunities in their local area.
- Starting on 20 days annual leave pro rata plus Cedar recognises 12 statutory days
- Cedar offer an enhanced auto-enrolment pension scheme consisting of 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution.
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Investor in People Champion with commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities
- Staff recognition & reward incentives aligned to high standards of performance
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Cashback health scheme
- Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers.
RQF level 6 (e.g. Bachelor’s Degree) or equivalent level professional qualification in either Health & Social Care, Education, Training & Employment
Minimum of 1 years’ paid experience in the direct provision of education, training or support
Minimum RQF 4 or equivalent in a relevant discipline
Minimum of 3 years’ paid experience as above
Experience & understanding of the barriers in relation to disability
Specialist Knowledge & Skills
Proficiency in IT skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
Ability to work independently with good organisational, communication & interpersonal skills
Experience of interagency working
Facilitation and group work skills
You must hold a full current driving license valid for use in the UK and Ireland and have access to a car on appointment. This criterion will be waived in the case of a suitable applicant who has a disability which prohibits them from driving but who is able to organise suitable alternative arrangements in order to meet the requirements of the post in full.