Trainee Solicitor Three Year Programme
Wilson Nesbitt seeks law graduates for a three year training programme culminating in qualification as a solicitor on 1st September 2025.
Wilson Nesbitt is widely considered to be one of the most modern and progressive law firms in Northern Ireland with offices in Belfast and Bangor offering a wide range of legal services. We are a forward thinking, inclusive and diverse employer and you will be joining an exciting team of enthusiastic, professional individuals working together in a collaborative and supportive working environment.
Comprehensive training will be provided and the role provides a great opportunity to develop essential experience and skills to move along an established career path within the firm.
We provide a three year continuous graduate training scheme which includes:-
- One year’s office & legal skills training as a paralegal;
- Coaching for the December IPLS exam;
- LSNI training contract with IPLS fees paid for those that secure an IPLS place;
Our recruitment selection for this programme for 2023 trainees has successfully concluded with the recruitment of 4 prospective trainees. We do however have one further place under this scheme available for the right candidate providing full time employment commences with us prior to 30/11/2022.
Responsibilities after completion of initial training period
Handle your own caseload with the help of our case management systems & our expert legal team;
Legal document drafting and proofreading;
Conduct cases through to their conclusion;
Liaise with clients and other stakeholders to provide case progression updates and relay legal advice;
Consult with partners, solicitors and risk managers providing legal support across your caseload;
Consultations with clients to facilitate document signing;
Follow our case management system to proactively manage and progress your caseload to meet established benchmarks and deadlines;
- Law degree or equivalent required;
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Team player but capable of working independently
- Ability to work under pressure
- Reliable and conscientious approach to work
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Enthusiastic, keen and proactive
- Meticulous and diligent.
What Wilson Nesbitt will offer you?
- Comprehensive training and experience
- Career and salary progression opportunities
- Training contract financial support
- Regular opportunities to participate in charitable events