Storeman (12 Month FTC)
T: +353 (1) 457 5000
As a Storeman you will be responsible for managing material waste, recycling and segregation, reporting to the Stores and Facility Managers. In addition, you will be responsible for general warehouse, yard and stock duties as outlined below this position will require flexibility of working hours and may require the performance of duties other than normal responsibilities.
Responsibilities as Storeman include:
- All tasks shall be carried out whilst ensuring use of safe working practices in compliance with Health and safety and work Acts
- Working in busy stores environment.
- Operating forklift truck
- Loading/Unloading Lorries.
- Controlling and recording of goods inwards and outwards.
- Maintaining minimum stock levels.
- Housekeeping Warehouse/Yard.
- Conduct weekly stock takes.
- GDU calibration.
- Pole ordering.
- Stock Management Systems updating on orders and issuing of materials.
- Plant issue + tools issue.
- Ordering of materials.
- Other ad hoc assignments as and when necessary.
- Removal of cable and sub-duct from returned drums
- Segregation of plastic, timber, cable, cardboard etc
- Operating cardboard compactor and plastic compactor
- Collect waste from around buildings and deposit in appropriate areas
- Transportation of waste to appropriate facility
Experience and knowledge required:
- Relevant experience in a Stores/Warehouse environment.
- Ability to work with others in a team and under direction.
- High attention to detail and quick learner.
- Hardworking, flexible and reliable.
- Good communication & computer skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and multitask.