Staff Nurse (Eligible Reg’d LD or Adults Nurses with relevant experience)
T: 028 9078 1836
This is a combined role between Childrens Hospice IPU, Horizon House, Newtownabbey & Community. Hours will be predominantly worked in-house.
Who can apply?
Applications are welcomed from Registered Learning Disability Nurses & Registered Adult Nurses, with relevant experience, as detailed in the Job Description and Specification.
Band 5 (£25,655 – £31,534 per annum, pro rata for part-time). Shift enhancements will apply.
Full Time, Part Time and Waiting List (*shifts will include rotation onto night duty), plus Bank
In a nutshell:
The Staff Nurse will work as a member of the Children’s Hospice Care Team, providing holistic care to life limited children with complex needs, and their families.
He/she will participate in the assessment, planning and delivery of care to the children and the delegation of care to non-registered members of the care team promoting a philosophy of holistic care and active engagement of children and families. The role will include working in the In-Patient Unit in Horizon House, and in the wider community once fully competent to do so. The role will require day and night duty (rotation onto night duty will be on a rota basis).
If you are interested in taking a tour of Horizon House and getting an insight into the benefits of working for our team, please complete the brief linked form; Site Tour Request Form
* Please be advised that potential applicants must have a valid/active registration with Nursing and Midwifery Council. NMC is the regulator for nursing and midwifery professions in the UK. The NMC maintains a register of all nurses, midwives and specialist community public health nurses and nursing associates eligible to practice within the UK.
What we offer:
Attractive Terms & Conditions apply including;
- Matching of Terms & Conditions of Service if transferring from NHS (Salary, Annual Leave, Pension)
- NHS salary scales
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement, starting at 27 days per year, which increases with service along with 10 Statutory days each year (pro rata for part time)
- Award winning Family Friendly Organisation
- Focus on Employee Wellbeing Initiatives
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Comprehensive induction training programme
- Access to LinkedIn Learning
- Various salary sacrifice schemes
- Free onsite car parking
- Subsidised canteen
For further information, please refer to the Job Description &Specification below. If you have any queries, please contact a member of the People & Development Team on 02890 781836.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 7 October 2022 – 4.00 pm (we recommend that applications are submitted at least 15 minutes prior to the closing time to ensure technical difficulties are not encountered).
For guidance on how to apply using our online application platform GetGot, or troubleshooting any potential issues, please refer to the following link: Getgot FAQ's
Please note all correspondence will be sent to the email address provided on your application form. Please ensure to check your 'junk/spam' folder as due to personal email security settings, emails can sometimes appear here. Any email correspondence will come from an email address ending in @nihospice.org.