Skilled Garage Assistant
Ards & North Down Borough Council
T: 0300 013 3333
To perform various manual labour tasks requiring some specialised skills to assist the Mechanic/Fitters in carrying out maintenance and repairs to vehicles and to carry out cleaning and labouring duties in the Garage.
To work on own initiative and repair basic faults as directed. To be competent in the carrying out of all types of manual tasks and the use of hand tools in general garage maintenance activities.
- This is a permanent, full time, 36 hours per week working Monday to Thursday 7 am to 3 pm and Friday 7 am to 1 pm.
- Based initially from North Road Depot Newtownards, however the successful candidate will work throughout the Borough.
- Applicants must be available to work outside normal working hours and should be available at weekends and public holidays as required.
- Appointment will be subject to a driver assessment and satisfactory completion of a medical questionnaire including a pre-employment Drugs and Alcohol Screening.
- A reserve list may be maintained for one year from which other similar vacancies at the same grade may be filled.
- All correspondence in relation to the job vacancy will be completed by email and phone. Therefore, it is important that applicants ensure a valid e-mail address and mobile number are provided and entered accurately when filling out the application form.
- Applicants should ensure they check their emails including junk folders regularly.
Employees have access to a wide range of benefits at Ards and North Down Borough Council. In addition to a competitive salary, the Council supports all staff in their career aspirations through learning and development opportunities. Current key benefits include:
- 34 days of annual leave (including bank/public holidays), rising to 37 days after five years of service, and 40 days after 10 years of service.
- Northern Ireland Local Government Pension Scheme (Council contributes 19.5% of salary).
- Health benefits: Westfield Healthcare Scheme; Leisure Centre Membership; Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Time Off in Lieu (TOIL).
- Education / qualifications support after qualifying period.
- Plus much more…