- To support Production in maximising the uptime and availability of machinery, equipment, and tools.
- To ensure preventive maintenance work and statutory checks are completed.
- To increase energy efficiency.
- To support the reduction of scrap from site.
- To ensure that safety is maintained/ improved
- Completing all preventative and general maintenance work on site on time, maintaining all equipment to the manufacturer's recommendations, and ensuring all records are completed and always up to date
- Dealing with unscheduled and emergency maintenance work and breakdowns, including fault finding and necessary repair in a safe and timely manner; conduct root cause analysis on shift documenting and communicating immediate countermeasures and long-term actions to prevent re-occurrence and allow accurate reporting to the Engineering Manager and Setters.
- Be proactive in predicting, detecting, reporting, and diagnosing potential and existing electrical and mechanical problems on all equipment to identify issues and faults, solve problems, and increase the reliability, availability, and utilisation of the plant.
- Maintain factory services in excellent order, utilise 5S system, and ensure housekeeping is kept to the highest standard in all areas of responsibility for the Engineering Dept.
- Improving OEE and working to Departmental KPI’s
- Machine installation and services.
- Minor building and facility maintenance.
- To conduct Engineering projects with other Departments
- Engineering OEE< 2.75%
- 3% reduction in cost of conversion. Total downtime/ No of breakdowns. Target 4.83
- SC21 gold -OTIF. Total runtime/ No of breakdowns. Target 4
- Number of WCM activities/projects
Hours of Work
Monday – Friday shift rotation night and days.
1 week in 3 weekend working Saturday and Sunday for maintenance.