Sexual Health & Vaccination Nurse
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Randox has an exciting new opportunity in which we are looking to recruit Sexual Health & Vaccination Nurses. We are looking for candidates who have the necessary skills and experience to provide sexual health and vaccination services to clients in our clinics. Most importantly we are looking for someone with a passion for sexual health and vaccinations, a can-do attitude, an ability to work independently, and as part our multi-disciplinary team. There may be an occasional need to travel to local outreach clinics to work clinically or attend training. The successful candidate will need to have some working flexibility as although most of the work is done within office hours, we have occasional evening clinics and weekend outreach.
Shift Times: – Week 1 – Tuesday 09.00 – 17.00, Wednesday, 09.00 – 17.00, and Thursday 09.00 – 17.00.
Week 2 – Monday 08.00 – 16.00, Wednesday 09.00 – 17.00, and Saturday 08.00 – 16.00.
This role will involve working between our clinics in Glasgow and Edinburgh. A rota / schedule will be provided.
- Provide information to patients diagnosed with a sexually transmitted infection. Also, to stress the importance of medical treatment follow-up.
- Provide education and counselling on preventing and minimising the risk of infection.
- Discuss HIV with clients who may have been at risk or worried and provide pre / post HIV test counselling.
- Provide a safe environment whereby patients can discuss their concerns.
- Record interventions accurately and concisely in patient files.
- Take a lead in sexual health promotion work within the clinic and community.
- Keep statistics on all patient contact and interviews to enable audit and evaluation of services.
- Liaise with other local or national agencies as and when appropriate. Liaise with other health advisors in GUM and exchange relevant information in order to facilitate partner notification.
- To participate in regular supervision of health staff and complete competency reviews.
- To be aware of the confidential nature of the clinic and work within the legal responsibilities as laid down in the Venereal Diseases Regulations 1974 and the NHS Trust Act 1991.
- Work within the SSHA guidance.
- Nursing degree.
- Registered with Nursing and Midwifery Council recognised PIN.
- You will have at least one years’ experience of working in sexual health services (Contraception and / or GUM).
- To have working knowledge of clinical and psychological aspects of STI, HIV, or related sexual health issues.
- Pass a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check or national equivalent.
- Up to date safeguarding training certificates.
- You will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ vaccination experience.
- Understanding of CQC / HIS / HIW / RQIA environment – This will be the regulatory body relevant to your location.
- Understanding of vaccinations processes and reason to deliver.
- Awareness of allergies to ensure immunisation can be aborted if required.
- Experience in conducting administration of travel vaccinations.
- Up to date CPR / Anaphylaxis training.
- Trained to administer travel vaccines.