Senior Scientist, Recombinant Antibodies
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual in our Biotechnology department. More specifically, the successful Senior Scientist candidate will be working within the Recombinant Antibody Group. The role includes responsibilities geared towards the expression purification and characterisation of recombinant antibodies which will be developed for use in Randox’ own-branded diagnostic platforms and products.
This role will be based at our Science Park in Antrim Town.
Shift pattern – Monday to Friday, 8:40am to 5:20pm.
- Qualification to master’s or PhD level in a life science discipline
- Extensive experience in mammalian cell culture techniques
- Knowledge and experience of recombinant protein expression
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Possess excellent organisational and communication skills (written and oral)
- Knowledge and experience of recombinant antibody expression
- Knowledge and experience of protein purification methods
- Knowledge and experience of immunoassay techniques and/or analytical QC of proteins
- Professional experience in leading a team
An international company operating in over 145 countries that continues to have unparalleled growth, Randox Laboratories has been the heartbeat of the UK’s National COVID Testing Programme throughout the pandemic. In early 2020 Randox recognised the threat from COVID-19 and, based on over 40 years of diagnostic experience, quickly developed a test to accurately identify the virus. Testing at scale commenced within weeks to support the UK’s National Testing Programme and private clients alike. Through the enormous effort and commitment of its staff Randox is currently operating at a capacity of 180,000 COVID-19 samples per day, making it the most productive laboratory in the UK and Ireland and amongst the very largest in Europe.
Additionally, as a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology and food security, our expertise and product portfolio have assisted laboratories across the world in improving health and saving lives. Our global success is a result of our pioneering products and the commitment & skill of our workforce, which continue to grow exponentially.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive and determination to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our talented staff play a role in this. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more. Join the Randox team and play your part in improving the health of millions.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.