T: (028) 9066 6188
Croft Communities is seeking to recruit for the following permanent position
Registered Manager – Respite and Residential Services
Croft Communities provide registered Residential Care Home for up to 16 residents. The home has two units, Mayne House, which accommodates nine permanent residents and Croft Lodge which provides short term respite care for up to a maximum of seven residents.
The Registered Manager must be registered with the RQIA and be responsible for the maintenance of regulations and standards as laid down in the Residential Care Homes Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2005 and the Residential Care Homes Minimum Standards August 2011.
They must be accountable for the service and are responsible for developing and ensuring all personalised care and support plans meet individual needs in accordance with standards as defined in Regulation and in line with Croft's quality management system. They must maintain continuity of care and manage all resources required to run the services
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (plus on-call Rota)
Location: Croft Communities, Bangor
Salary: £34,373 pa
Applicants must have the appropriate combination of qualification, registration and experience to be a registered Manager of a Residential Care Home
- A professional Social Work qualification and registered on the appropriate part of the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC) register, without condition
- A first level registered nurse on the appropriate part of the Nursing and Midwifery Council register.
- An allied health professional registered with the Health Professional Council
- A minimum of four years’ work experience in any health or social care setting with people who have significant needs. At least two years of this experience must be in a relevant operational management capacity in a health and social care setting.
- A Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Services (Adults’ Management) Wales and Northern Ireland and be eligible for registration on appointment
- A minimum of five years’ practice experience in any Health and Social Care, at least three years of this experience must be in a relevant operational management capacity in a health and social care setting.
- Experience of managing within a Registered/Regulated Service.
- Effective communication and use of IT skills
- Hold a full current driving licence valid for use in UK and Ireland and have access to a car on appointment*
*This criterion will be waived in the case of a suitable application who has a disability which prohibits them from driving but who is able to organise suitable alternative arrangements in order to meet the requirements of the post
- Annual Leave 35 days in each leave year (inclusive of public and bank holidays)
- Paid breaks
- Tea and coffee available
- Paid annual NISCC registration fees
- Commitment to development of employees through paid training and learning opportunities
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme, 5% employee & 3% employer
- Occupational Sick Pay (increases with length of service)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health Cashback Scheme
CROFT COMMUNITIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER