Production Quality Technician
T: +44 (0) 28 9335 1043
Ryobi Aluminium Casting (UK) Ltd is an innovative, world class supplier of high quality, technically complex automotive components. Based in Carrickfergus, Ryobi Aluminium Casting (UK) Ltd is a proud member of the Ryobi Group. With the help of our Japanese parent company we can bring the latest technological advances to our European Customers.
Ryobi’s vision is to maintain a sustainable business by achieving the best results for our customers, maximising the potential of every employee through mutual respect, trust and teamwork. Our mission is to be the Number 1 Die Casting Company in Europe, to build upon our current customer base and increase market share, and to satisfy customer and shareholder requirements.
- Conduct Routine quality audits within the Machining department.(blue rack checks, 5S audits, Poke Yoke audit).
- Follow, organize and control the NCMR process within the machine shop. (Dimensional, tooling issues, assembly failures). Manage containment process for non-conforming product
- Ensure open NCMR’s are actioned and closed out. Control rework process when required
- Ensure MSDTI process is followed correctly. Paperwork and database entries are correct and first and last off parts are sent to the QA laboratory within the correct time frames.
- Follow the PTQ Audit process and sign off on hexboards when complete.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new products and the training of new operators carrying out final inspection duties.
- Creation and updating of SOP’s.
- To report and analyze rejects caused by machining, assembly process within the department and feedback information to the engineering department or support departments. Reclaim where possible.
- Perform final quality sign off of product to ensure all in process quality checks have been completed prior to customer shipment.
- Raise internal quality alerts and communicate all live issues to operations personnel.
- Maintain required records to ensure conformance to customer Quality requirements.
- Assist to create plans for the training of all employees in the use and theory of Quality techniques and Continuous Improvement.
Please see job description for more duties
- NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) in relevant subject
- Experience in Quality Control role
- Experience and knowledge of one or more of the following: SPC, CMM (using PCDMIS software)
- Experience of using inspection equipment e.g. hard gauge, digital caliper
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- A well-organised and methodical approach to work
- Computer literate
- Diligent, an eye for detail
- Strong customer focus
- Strong team player
- Experience within an engineering manufacturing environment, preferably die casting
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools/techniques
- Competitive salary
- Generous employer pension contributions
- A health cash plan
- Discount scheme
- Life assurance
- Service-related holidays
- Employee assistance programme
- Free car parking
- Learning and Development opportunities and support
- Ride to work scheme
- Service awards
Shortlisting and Interviews:
- Shortlisting: 6th December 2023
- Interviews: 11th December 2023
If you have previously applied for this role in the last 6 months, we will not be considering your application at this time.