In Norbrook we pride ourselves in being one of the top companies in Northern Ireland and one of the top veterinary pharmaceutical companies globally. We develop & manufacture veterinary medicines, supplying products to 120 countries globally. With a strong portfolio of existing products and significant investment in R&D to launch new products annually, we have opportunities for individuals to join us and develop their career in a global company.
Our business strategy is supported by our Values – Customer Value, One Team, Results Driven, Excellence, Innovation, and Quality – and we support our employees to live the behaviours that creates our culture. Our on-going success is based on the expertise, knowledge and innovation of our employees. If you are interested in joining our team here at Norbrook and supporting our vision, then apply for this role.
Process Engineers are responsible for all aspects of Process Control ensuring product is manufactured consistently to meet all Finished Product Specifications, and play a key role in ensuring seamless technical transfer of new products from R&D into Operations.
- Support Senior Process Engineers to identify process variation that could have potential effect on products and support implementation of corrective actions and preventative actions
- Work closely with Senior Process Engineers to improve manufacturing performance
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and trouble-shoot day to day technical production issues
- Support improvement projects, and ensure appropriate manufacturing controls & documentation for lean manufacturing process
- Support the manufacturing scale-up of development batches, conduct technology transfer of new products to commercial manufacturing facilities, and implement cleaning verification/ validation of process equipment as needed, to the required cGMP and Health & Safety standards.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Chemical/Process/Product or related engineering or degree in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related discipline OR Demonstrate at least 5 years of relevant experience in regulated industry in a technical role
- Minimum of 18 months’ experience in a similar technical support role working in a manufacturing environment
- Highly motivated to achieve technical targets
- Very good problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, with demonstrable record of working in cross-functional teams to deliver results
- Strong project management skills
- Experience of working in a regulated environment (e.g. Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, or food sectors)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a process engineer or in a similar technical support role working in a manufacturing environment
- Previous Aseptic Sterile manufacturing experience or previous oral solid dosage manufacturing experience
- Experience in Lean/Six Sigma methodology
- Experience in Process Validation
- Experience in formulation development
- Experience in New Product Introduction (NPI)
Norbrook Laboratories Limited employs a workforce with members of all sections of the community and is committed to appointing people purely on the basis of merit. In accordance with our equal opportunities policy we would particularly like to welcome applicants from the Protestant Community.