Lagan Specialist Contracting Group
T: 028 9045 5531
To work within individual piling unit employed to install driven or bored foundations for the Construction Industry.
What you'll do
The following reflect the main tasks associated with your position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.
- Control movements of piling rig and associated plant on site.
- Co-ordinate and direct deliveries of materials on site.
- Assist with site set-up and clearance of plant and materials from site.
- Assist with any daily duties on site as directed by piling supervisor.
- Maintain and update basic site records as required.
- Comply with Company Health and Safety Regulations and safety procedures.
- Attend safety and skills training as directed by the Contracts Manager.
It is essential that very good relations are established and maintained with work supervisor and fellow operatives.
Good relationships with all personnel, especially key personnel, are essential as this is fundamental to the success of the business.
- The ability to complete projects by working to deadlines.
- Ensuring Health and Safety procedures are adhered to at all times especially when working under pressure.
- To manage working away from home for prolonged periods.
What you'll bring
As a Piling Operative your main skills and experience will include:
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety issues or skills training.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- CFA / Precast or Rotary Piling experience
- Experience of driving or banking rigs
- Experience preferred with relevant training cards however full training can be provided
- Experience or knowledge of working on construction sites.
- All training required for this role will be provided.
- Willing to participate as a full member of a team of which he/she is not necessarily a leader.
- To contribute to team even if work project is of no direct personal interest.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness with changing environments, tasks, responsibilities or people.
- To actively influence events and to act on opportunities.
- Originates ideas or actions.
- Awareness of other people and environment and consideration of others.
At Lagan Specialist Contracting Group, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we'll work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.
For further details about the role, please see job description.
LAGAN SPECIALIST CONTRACTING GROUP ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITES EMPLOYER – We will not discriminate against anyone on the grounds of Sex, Pregnancy or maternity, Gender reassignment, Marital or Civil Partnership status, Religious or other similar philosophical belief, Political Opinion, Racial group, Sexual orientation, Disability or Age.