Paralegal / Specialist
No experience starting salary: £18,000
Office experience: commensurate with experience
First salary review: On completion of initial probation period
Part Time/Full Time?: Permanent full-time
Office/Home/Flexi Position: Office based
Educational Requirement: Degree level or equivalent (All degrees considered)
Wilson Nesbitt is seeking to recruit a Paralegal for a full time position in its Bangor office. The position involves managing a caseload as the direct point of contact with clients and third parties in our expanding team of paralegals and solicitors.
Comprehensive training will be provided and the role provides a great opportunity to develop essential experience and skills to move along an established career path within the firm.
To apply complete an online application form
- Conduct cases through to legal completion
- Liaise with clients and third parties in both written and verbal format, including case progression updates and relaying legal advice
- Consult with Senior paralegals and solicitors providing legal support across your caseload
- Consultations to facilitate document signing
- Use of our case management system to proactively manage and progress your caseload to meet established benchmarks
- Legal document drafting and proofreading
- Deal with the legal requirements to facilitate case completion
- Financial administration of incoming and outgoing payments to facilitate completion
Key Skills & Desirable Experience
- Degree level or equivalent (All degrees considered)
- Previous office experience is desirable but not essential
- Excellent organisation and communication skills are essential
- Team player but capable of working independently
- Ability to work under pressure
- Reliable and conscientious approach to work
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Enthusiastic, keen and proactive
- Meticulous and diligent.
What Wilson Nesbitt will offer you?
- Comprehensive training and experience
- Career and salary progression opportunities
- Financial Bonus opportunities
- Financial support towards studies to train and enhance to pursue legal career opportunities
- Regular opportunities to participate in charitable events
Despite being around for 75 years Wilson Nesbitt is widely considered to be one of the most modern and progressive law firms in Northern Ireland, with offices in Bangor and Belfast offering a wide range of legal services. We are a forward thinking, inclusive and diverse employer and you will be joining an exciting team of enthusiastic, professional individuals working together in a collaborative and supportive working environment.
We have started the careers of hundreds of legal professionals in Northern Ireland. You can take your first step by joining us in this challenging and rewarding role!