Overhead Linesperson x20
T: +353 (1) 457 5000
The power linesmen will be a dedicated member of the Project team, adhering to procedures, focused on producing the best quality service, being highly productive and mindful of costs. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a challenging, dynamic, team-based environment. The role is to carry out maintenance and renewal of the overhead line equipment and associated powers supply systems to meet the needs and requirements of the division. The linesmen must co-operate with the chargehand and site supervisor and observe all precautions indicated by them, they must carry out all his instructions precisely.
- Understand and implement the company safety policy.
- Appreciate the responsibilities of personnel under their authority and ensure that each employee knows his/her responsibility and are equipped to play their part. Engage with all employees on their contract should they fail to discharge their Health and Safety responsibilities.
- Ensure that Risk Assessments and Method Statements on activities within their contract are carried out on site and ensure that the methods and systems of work are safe. Also that the necessary procedures, rules and regulations designed to achieve this are formulated, published and applied.
- Ensure the provision of written instructions of work methods outlining potential hazards and precautions, and ensure they are complied with.
- Ensure accident and near-miss reporting procedures are understood and complied with, and assist with accident investigations where appropriate.
- Ensure that the agreed audit process is carried out in compliance with Company guidelines. Ensure ongoing monitoring of safety and health performance against predetermined plans and standards.
- Ensure all employees are correctly trained/competent to carry out the prescribed task and that the necessary licenses/certificates of competence are in force and appropriate and supplied for the purpose of recording.
- Ensure all sub-contractors are correctly trained/competent to carry out the prescribed task and that the necessary licenses/certificates of competence are in force and appropriate and supplied for the purpose of recording.
- Ensure provision and maintenance of welfare facilities and PPE on all contracts.
- Monitor the design, development, installation and operation of management arrangements, safety systems and workplace precautions.
- Ensure accurate recording and monitoring of all HSEQ records, including but not exhaustive, accidents, ill health, incidents and other evidence of deficient safety and health performance.
- Ensure monitoring of all equipment on your contract/s, and assessment of its accuracy and reliability, calibration and regular maintenance of this equipment together with documented records of both the procedures involved and the results obtained.
- Ensure the Statutory Notices, the Safety Policy, Insurance Certificate and the names of Appointed First Aiders are displayed and maintained in prominent locations.
- Ensure that all new employees in the company are provided with a copy of the policy statement, receive such induction training as may be laid down in procedures, are issued with personal protective equipment as required.
- A commitment to safety and health objectives, including internal and joint client audits with clients and your team in general; and participation in creating a positive safety and health culture by rewarding positive work done to control risk.