Outlook Project Worker
T: (028) 9066 6188
The Cedar Foundation is seeking to recruit the following staff member:
Outlook Project Worker REF: 22-214-OPW-SEHSCT-WEB
Job Role Outlook Project Worker – Short Breaks
Location South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust – Down & Lisburn
Salary £20,444 Per Annum
Hours 37 hours per week
Please note: Due to the nature of our work with young people, the majority of the Service is delivered late afternoons, evenings and weekends throughout the South Eastern Trust (Down & Lisburn) area.
What we can offer you..
We are currently offering a Welcome Bonus totalling up to £1000
Short Breaks is a fun and exciting service providing individual support to children and young people with, disabilities, autism and brain injury. The service provides one to one social and emotional support to children and young people. To enable them to develop friendships and access social and recreational opportunities within their local community, whilst providing parents and carers with a regular short break.
The purpose of the role is to enable young people to access a range of fun activities within their own home or their local area on a one to one or small group setting. It may be attending a local youth club, educational play such as arts and crafts or supporting the young people in sporting or other social/leisure activities.
The Project Worker will provide personal care and transport to young people where necessary, and this may include some manual handling tasks.
- Starting on 20 days annual leave pro rata plus Cedar recognises 12 statutory days
- Cedar offers an enhanced auto-enrolment pension scheme consisting of 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution.
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Investor in People Platinum accredited organisation with commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities
- Staff recognition & reward incentives aligned to high standards of performance
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Cashback health scheme
- Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers.
- RQF Level 2 qualification or equivalent in Health & Social Care, Youth & Community Work, or related fieldn AND Minimum of 6 months’ experience providing support to young people
- Proficiency in IT skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Teams, Zoom
- Ability to work independently with good organisational, communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience & understanding of the barriers in relation to young people with disability
- Experience of working with individuals with behaviours that challenge
- Awareness of RQIA, Domiciliary Regulations and Minimum Standards
- NISCC Registration
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER