Fane Valley Feeds is one of the largest animal feed manufacturers in Northern Ireland with facilities in Omagh and Newry. With one of the most modern animal feed mills in Europe, Fane Valley Feeds is committed to manufacturing the highest quality animal feeds for our customers.
As part of our ambitious growth strategy, the company now wishes to appoint an experienced Operations Manager to join our team.
Job Ref No: FVF/OM/11/22
Based between our feed mills in Omagh and Newry and reporting to the Operations Director the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the manufacturing, engineering, feed quality and health and safety requirements for Fane Valley Feeds milling sites. This will include maximising manufacturing efficiencies and productivity across the business by utilising lean manufacturing and continuous improvement principles and assisting with the ongoing development of operational capabilities in support of the continued growth of the business.
- Be educated to degree level in engineering, manufacturing, operations or related discipline;
- Possess a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar manufacturing or operations role;
- Possess strong IT skills;
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate employees to maximise productivity, employee job satisfaction and to ensure KPI’s are achieved;
- Accuracy, and the ability to plan, organise and work to tight deadlines;
- Have strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Have an excellent business acumen with commercial focus and be able to deliver on targets and manage expenditure within budget;
- Show attention to detail and be a natural problem solver who can offer innovative solutions to meet needs of the business;
- Have a full current driving licence valid in the UK and use of a car.
In return, the company offers an attractive salary and benefits package which includes: Healthcare Plan for employees and their children under 18, Company Pension & Life Assurance, Health & Well-Being Programme as well as excellent personal development and career progression opportunities.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (028) 9261 0480 or apply on our GET GOT platform. https://fanevalley.getgotjobs.co.uk
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 16th December 2022.
Fane Valley Feeds is an equal opportunities employer