Belfast Central Mission
T: +44 (0)28 96211544
Job Title: NURSERY ASSISTANT
Project and Location: Puddleducks Day Nursery, Grosvenor House
5 Glengall Street, Belfast
Reports to: Room Supervisor
Within the area of responsibility, this role is required to:
- Provide high-quality, child-centred care and early-education.
- Assist children with personal hygiene and educate them on hygiene practices.
- Promote inclusion and facilitate partnership and feedback with parents, guardians and other family members.
- Contribute to planning of age-appropriate activities and resources that meet individual and collective needs and interests of the children.
- Maintain accurate records and ensure correct reporting to assist with ensuring quality care, adherence with quality assurance processes.
- Ensure the health and safety of the children and any visitors to Puddleducks is paramount.
- Act as a role model for the children in your care and encourage positive and safe behaviour.
- Conduct regular observations and assessment of all areas of the children’s development and keep up-to-date records and reports to discuss with the child’s parent or guardian where necessary.
- Ensure the Nursery is clean, tidy, safe and secure at all times and make effort to provide a child-friendly, aesthetically pleasing physical environment for the children that promotes positivity and happiness.
- Attend all relevant meetings and training relevant to the role.
- Be fully conversant with the health and safety obligations of the post.
- Develop a working knowledge of current and relevant legislation (e.g.Childcare, Health and Safety) and BCM’s policies and procedures
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working in an early-years or day nursery environment.
- Ability to communicate well, at all levels e.g., children, family members, other staff.
- Ability to use a computer system for reporting and record-keeping purposes.
- Be of a kind and caring disposition with a high degree of empathy
- Ability to work a part of a team to achieve goals and quality of work.
- Level 2 or 3 CCLD Qualification or willing to obtain if successful.
Terms and Conditions:
To work at BCM you must be willing to provide the following information:
- Enhanced AccessNI Disclosure
- Medical Questionnaire
- Proof of right to work in Northern Ireland
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Hours: 40 hours per week between 7:45am and 8:35pm OR
24 hours per week between 7:45am and 8:35pm
Holidays: 20 days per annum plus 12 Public Holidays.
Probation Period: 6 months
As an employee of Belfast Central Mission, you will be provided with ongoing personal and professional development, career pathways opportunities, a positive and supportive workplace culture alongside a range of staff benefits including:
- Health and Pension Plans
- 20 days holiday leave plus generous public holiday entitlement (12 stat days in 2024) and length of service increase
- Career Progress/Training
- Access to consultancy services
Access NI: This post requires that a check must be carried out under the requirements of Access NI Enhanced Disclosure. This will involve full criminal records check which will show spent and unspent convictions.
If you require more details regarding the conditions of employment you will be given the opportunity at interview to discuss these and other matters.