T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Nurse Prescriber – Glasgow – (Job Ref: 23/NPSG)
Randox has an exciting new opportunity in which we are looking to recruit a Nurse Prescriber. We are looking for candidates who have the necessary skills and experience to provide prescribing requirements for all relevant prescription based services. Most importantly we are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Nurse to lead, influence and develop improvements in the prescribing aspect of the clinical governance. There may be an occasional need to travel to local outreach clinics to work clinically or attend training (any additional milage / travel expenses incurred are reimbursed). The successful candidate will need to have some working flexibility as although most of the work is done within office hours, we have occasional evening clinics and weekend outreach.
Shift Times: – Full time 40 hours across 6 days a week
This role will involve working between our clinics in TBC. A rota / schedule will be provided.
- Provide information to patients diagnosed with a sexually transmitted infection: how they are acquired, transmitted, and treated. Also, to stress the importance of medical treatment follow-up
- Work with patients in order to support compliance and adherence to prescribed treatments.
- Provide education and counselling on preventing and minimising the risk of infection.
- Offer prescribing requirements across the UK clinic network.
- Discuss HIV with clients who may have been at risk or worried and provide pre / post HIV test counselling.
- Keep statistics on all patient contact and interviews to enable audit and evaluation of services.
- Liaise with other local or national agencies as and when appropriate. Liaise with other health advisors in GUM and exchange relevant information in order to facilitate partner notification.
- To participate in regular supervision of health staff and complete competency reviews.
- To be aware of the confidential nature of the clinic and work within the legal responsibilities as laid down in the Venereal Diseases Regulations 1974 and the NHS Trust Act 1991.
- Work within the SSHA guidance e.g., Code of Ethics, Code of Conduct, Guidelines for Good Practice PN Policy.
- Nursing degree.
- Registered with Nursing and Midwifery Council recognised PIN.
- Independent prescribing qualification
- You will have at least one years’ experience of working in sexual health services (Contraception and / or GUM).
- To have working knowledge of clinical and psychological aspects of STI, HIV, or related sexual health issues.
- Pass a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check or national equivalent.
- Up to date safeguarding training certificates.
- You will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience as an independent prescribing Nurse Prescriber
- Understanding of CQC / HIS / HIW / RQIA environment – This will be the regulatory body relevant to your location.
- Understanding of vaccinations processes and reason to deliver.
- Awareness of allergies to ensure immunisation can be aborted if required.
- Up to date CPR / Anaphylaxis training.