Night Care Assistant
T: (028) 9046 1834
The Cedar Foundation is seeking to recruit the following staff member:
Job Role Night Care Assistant
Location Karuna Home, Carrickfergus
Salary £10.42 per hour £11.81 for additional hours
Hours 20 – 30 hours per week
10 hour shifts 3 x per week (10pm-8am)
We are currently offering a Welcome Bonus totalling up to £1000, paid throughout your first year of service. Ts&Cs Apply.
The Karuna Home provides residential care for up to ten adults who have Learning Disabilities and associated conditions aged 18 or over. Karuna aims to provide high standard accommodation and care for our residents in a purpose built accommodation. Karuna is located in Carrickfergus town centre close to local amenities.
The role of Care Assistant requires a team approach at all times with effective working relationships for the benefit of the service user. This includes:
To assist residents with activities of daily living and facilitate inclusion of service users in a broad range of activities.
To support service users with identified personal care and support needs.
Care Assistants are required to work flexibly and be available to work unsociable hours and public holidays on a rotational basis.
- Annual Leave 5.6 weeks days pro rata in each leave year (inclusive of statutory days). This increases to 6.6 weeks after 5 years’ service and 7 weeks after 10 years’ service.
- Paid breaks.
- Free car parking as well as tea and coffee.
- Paid annual NISCC registration fees.
- Investor in People accredited organisation with commitment to development of employees through paid training and learning opportunities, including QCF Level 3.
- Enhanced rate of pay for working on statutory days.
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme, 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution.
- Occupational Sick Pay (2 weeks full pay, 2 weeks half pay after 6 months service).
- Employee Assistance Programme including access to 24/7 Doctors support.
- Health Cashback Scheme.
- Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers.
- Effective verbal and written communication to include numeracy skills
- Interest in working with people in a care environment.
- Awareness of the needs of people with learning and physical disabilities
Apply Online: https://cedar-foundation.getgotjobs.co.uk/home
Closing Date: 14th June 2023 @ 10am
Expected Interview Date: 26th June 2023
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER