Network Surveyor x6 (12 Month FTC)
T: +353 (1) 457 5000
On the back of an ever-increasing workload, Circet Ireland are looking for an experienced Surveyor to complement our existing team.
As a Surveyor you will be responsible for surveys and to produce planning design packs containing information of both civils and cabling under the FTTP Architecture.
- Surveying and validation of proposed fibre routes.
- Survey, planning & design of the FTTP networks from the Point of Presence to the premise and including Spine surveys
- External fibre network design. Chamber & duct construction design
- Cabling and splicing design.
- Survey HLD trunk routes to ensure we are choosing the most effective route possible.
- Validate PIA on sites and identify issues and required work arounds (civils, new ducts, chambers etc).
- Create survey complete packs and provide effective updates to desk-based planners.
- Perform detailed surveys.
- identification Individual house or multi-dwelling building,
- Identify existing telecom connections.
- Existing manhole assessments (location, type, conditions).
- Existing pole assessments (location, type, conditions).
- Carry out detailed survey of the built environment and capture the most feasible and cost-effective solution for new build in accordance with the specifications.
- Identifying any potential SED or specific Traffic Management requirements. Also determine at planning stage any specific wayleave requirements.
- Surveyor will be self-sufficient
Knowledge; Experience and Skills:
- FTTP Architecture,
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PDF writer, Visio, GIS and ORION (advantage)
- Fibre Network Planning and surveying experience.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a Fibre Network Planning Environment (desirable)
- Experience using GIS platforms.
- Ability to use a smartphone, a tablet or a laptop with a Geographical Information System (GIS).
- Valid Accreditation, Signing, Lighting and Guarding.
- Up-to-date certification in Manual Handling & First Aid at Work.
- Able to follow design schematics and management direction.
- Work outdoors in challenging field environments. For example, in bad weather conditions.
- Attention to detail.
- High levels of quality standards.
- A telecoms background coupled with a planning background is required for this position
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Positive and flexible approach.
- Honesty and Integrity.
- Open to innovation.
- Right first-time approach.
- Proactive with the ability to think ahead.
- Committed to Business Objectives.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong personality and professional attitude.