Ards & North Down Borough Council
T: 0300 013 3333
Responsible to the Senior Mechanic for the appropriate preparation and repair of the Council’s fleet of vehicles and mobile plant as directed either individually or as part of a team.
- Permanent, Full Time, 36 hours per week.
- Based initially from North Road Depot in Newtownards, however successful candidates will work throughout the Borough.
- Appointment will be subject to a driver assessment and satisfactory completion of a medical questionnaire including a pre-employment Drugs and Alcohol Screening.
- A reserve list may be maintained for one year from which other similar vacancies at the same grade may be filled.
- All correspondence in relation to the job vacancy will be completed by email and phone. Therefore, it is important that applicants ensure a valid e-mail address and mobile number are provided and entered accurately when filling out the application form.
- Applicants should ensure they check their emails including junk folders regularly.
Employees have access to a wide range of benefits at Ards and North Down Borough Council. In addition to a competitive salary, the Council supports all staff in their career aspirations through learning and development opportunities. Current key benefits include:
- 34 days of annual leave (including bank/public holidays), rising to 37 days after five years of service, and 40 days after ten years of service.
- Northern Ireland Local Government Pension Scheme (Council contributes 19.5% of salary).
- Health benefits: Westfield Healthcare Scheme; Leisure Centre Membership; Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Flexi Time / Time Off in Lieu (TOIL).
- Education / qualifications support after qualifying period.
Plus much more…