Norbrook laboratories are seeking Manufacturing Supervisors to be responsible for managing teams in all aspects of manufacturing in order to produce products complying with all aspects of Norbrook's Quality and Environmental Health and Safety systems. This role will improve the performance of the Production department providing supervision and support.
- Coordinate and plan the smooth running of the department.
- Supervise a team of operators ensuring that production goals and targets are met.
- Provide input into systems and procedures to ensure efficient running of the department.
- Maximise output and efficiency while looking for opportunities to drive improvements.
- Provide timely, detailed and accurate reports on the status of manufacturing and packing operations, alerting senior management of any issues which may impact on finished product quantities and availabilities.
- Ensure products are produced according to the appropriate Production Control Record in order to obtain required quality.
- Create and review procedures and documentation associated with manufacturing processes for commercial products.
- Ensure cleaning of equipment and facilities is carried out in accordance with relevant procedures to avoid contamination.
- Liaise with other departments such as Engineering, Process Excellence, Validations and Quality to ensure all production equipment and areas are fully compliant.
- Actively engage in continuous improvement programs ensure that all manufacturing activities are carried out in the most cost effective manner, minimising reject levels and maximising yields to ensuring that daily production targets and annual departmental goals are met.
- Ensure that team members are aware of issues which may affect duties and that information disseminates throughout the department.
- Assume responsibility for assigned Operational and Compliance metrics.
- Manage assigned personnel and provide feedback where required.
Work to build strong cohesive teams both within the department and cross departments within the company.
- Ensure training has been received in relation to specific duties.
- Ensure all operators are adequately trained and are competent in tasks they are undertaking.
- Actively engage in an individual development / personnel improvement plan.
- A degree or third level qualification in Pharmacy, Science, Engineering or Mathematics (or a closely related area) or 4 years relevant manufacturing experience.
- Technical experience in a related manufacturing environment.
- Able to demonstrate ability to motivate and train team members.
- Ability to issue and review technical reports and documents based on strong methodical rationale (either in an education or employment environment).
- Ability to prioritise and meet targets.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work extra hours to meet the needs of the business.
- Proficient in all Microsoft packages
- 1 years+ experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment.
- Experience of control of cross contamination (microbial or chemical).
- Experience of controlling production documentation processes (including a document management system).
- Experience of documentation associated with a quality management system.
Norbrook Laboratories Limited employs a workforce with members of all sections of the community and is committed to appointing people purely on the basis of merit. In accordance with our equal opportunities policy we would particularly like to welcome applicants from the Protestant Community.