Maintenance Engineer – Large Castings
T: +44 (0) 28 9335 1043
Ryobi Aluminium Casting (UK) Ltd is an innovative, world class supplier of high quality, technically complex automotive components. Based in Carrickfergus, Ryobi Aluminium Casting (UK) Ltd is a proud member of the Ryobi Group. With the help of our Japanese parent company we can bring the latest technological advances to our European Customers.
Ryobi’s vision is to maintain a sustainable business by achieving the best results for our customers, maximising the potential of every employee through mutual respect, trust and teamwork. Our mission is to be the Number 1 Die Casting Company in Europe, to build upon our current customer base and increase market share, and to satisfy customer and shareholder requirements.
- Ensure high standard of maintenance on all machines and equipment.
- Use test equipment to assist in fault diagnosis on all machines and equipment including electrical, mechanical, hydraulic pneumatic and process controllers’ etc.
- Be competent in reading electrical and hydraulic blueprints and schematics to assist maintenance.
- Maintain all records, documentation and literature in compliance company quality standards.
- Use fault finding techniques such as 5 why to identify route cause.
- Suggesting and implement cost saving & improvements.
- Be able to follow equipment manufactures fault finding procedures.
- Make repairs to the utmost quality and according to equipment manufacturers’ specifications.
- Responsible for proper documentation and record keeping of maintenance activities.
- Perform preventative maintenance and inspection assignments as listed on PM Service sheets for machinery.
- Identify and report problems adversely effecting operators.
- Ensure continuation of operations in the absence of the Team Leader/Supervisor.
- Provide on the job technical support to maintenance personnel.
- Be competent in the use of programming tools and be able to modify PLC and robotics programmes when required.
- Put forward ideas for continuous improvement.
Please see attached job description for more duties
- NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) in Engineering
- Time-served electrical or mechanical engineer
- 2 years’ post-apprenticeship experience in an industrial maintenance environment
- Proven knowledge and experience of fault finding and repair, within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience of the implementation of good health, safety and environmental practice
- Preventive maintenance on manufacturing equipment
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative without supervision, and positively contribute within a team environment
- Flexibility to perform various tasks, breakdown repairs, preventative maintenance and project work
- Computer literate
- Able to work shifts and overtime as required
- HNC or Higher in Engineering
- Experience of robotics
- Experience in industrial hydraulic or pneumatic systems
- Experience in industrial electrical systems
Shortlisting and Interviews:
- Shortlisting – 26th June 2023
- Interviews – 29th June 2023
- Competitive salary
- Generous employer pension contributions
- A health cash plan
- Discount scheme
- Life assurance
- Service-related holidays
- Employee assistance programme
- Free car parking
- Learning and Development opportunities and support
- Ride to work scheme
- Service awards