Locum Dentist (Maternity Cover)
T: 02890 247 333
We have an exciting opportunity for a Locum Dentist to be part of our family run group of Practices and to join our team in Dundonald, with part time / full time availability. There is a large NHS list available and great potential for private treatment options and potential for a permanent position. We pride ourselves on offering an excellent quality of care and service to our patients. Our practices are equipped with Digital X-Rays, Software of Excellence Practice Management Software and Rotary Endodontics.
The position is available as of March 2023 for 6-9 months.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS or BChD or BDentS)
- Registered with the General Dental Council
- Must have completed a VT year
- Completed Levels 1-3 IV Sedation Training
Your work will include:
- educating patients on oral healthcare;
- examining teeth and diagnosing patients' dental conditions by using tools such as x-rays;
- assessing treatment options and agreeing treatment plans with patients;
- carrying out agreed clinical treatments such as restoring teeth affected by decay and treating gum disease;
- maintaining patients' dental records;
- training and leading a team of staff;
- overseeing budgets and maintaining stocks of equipment;
- marketing services to potential clients.
You will need to show:
- manual dexterity and technical dental skills, plus the ability to maintain intense concentration for prolonged periods;
- the ability to build relationships with patients and colleagues;
- high level communication and interpersonal skills, for interaction with patients of all ages and backgrounds;
- an interest in the welfare of others and a sympathetic manner, particularly to deal with patients' fears;
- good administrative and managerial abilities;
- Information technology skills, due to the increasing use of computers for keeping records and accounts, and for digital imaging of radiographs and intra-oral photography.