Locum Dentist (Maternity Cover 6-12 Months)
T: 02890 247 333
We have an exciting opportunity for a Locum Dentist to be part of our family run group of Practices and to join our team in 222 Knock Road, Belfast, with part time availability. There is a large NHS list available and great potential for private treatment options and potential for a permanent position. We pride ourselves on offering an excellent quality of care and service to our patients. Our practices are equipped with Digital X-Rays, Software of Excellence Practice Management Software and Rotary Endodontics.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS or BChD or BDentS)
- Registered with the General Dental Council
- Must have completed a VT year
- Completed Levels 1-3 IV Sedation Training
Your work will include:
- Educating patients on oral healthcare;
- Examining teeth and diagnosing patients' dental conditions by using tools such as x-rays;
- Assessing treatment options and agreeing treatment plans with patients;
- Carrying out agreed clinical treatments such as restoring teeth affected by decay and treating gum disease;
- Maintaining patients' dental records;
- Training and leading a team of staff;
- Overseeing budgets and maintaining stocks of equipment;
- Marketing services to potential clients.
You will need to show:
- Manual dexterity and technical dental skills, plus the ability to maintain intense concentration for prolonged periods;
- The ability to build relationships with patients and colleagues;
- High level communication and interpersonal skills, for interaction with patients of all ages and backgrounds;
- An interest in the welfare of others and a sympathetic manner, particularly to deal with patients' fears;
- Good administrative and managerial abilities;
- Information technology skills, due to the increasing use of computers for keeping records and accounts, and for digital imaging of radiographs and intra-oral photography.