IT Software Test Engineer
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
IT Software Tester (Job Ref: 22N/ITTO)
Are you looking for an exciting career within a state of the art, innovative company? If yes, Randox is the place for you. The role will involve the testing of largely web-based applications for divisions within Randox, which in turn helps Randox keep ahead of the game. We have several exciting current and upcoming projects, that will not only develop your software testing skills and your overall knowledge but allow you to progress your career within a dynamic IT Department which has a proven track record for delivering exceptional results to all sectors of the business. At the 2021 Belfast Telegraph IT Awards Randox won 4 awards:
Overall IT Company of the Year – WINNER
IT Team of the Year – WINNER
IT Project Team of the Year – WINNER
Digital Project of the Year – WINNER
- Liaise with IT Development teams to determine current and future requirements in order to plan and co-ordinate testing projects.
- Report on status of test projects, both orally and in written format.
- Responsible for understanding entire system and reporting on the test coverage.
- Ensure that all systems are tested to a high quality, ensuring compliance with appropriate internal procedures.
- Write detailed bug reports and provide objective and fair feedback to software development teams.
- Ensure all software is tested in a controlled situation before going live and that all testing is fully documented.
- Possess a higher-level qualification, ideally in a software related discipline, or be able to demonstrate appropriate experience.
- Good knowledge of software testing processes and testing methodologies: V-Model, Waterfall and Agile.
- Must be able to work independently and in a structured way.
- Must possess excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritise work in a logical fashion.
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Willing to learn and explore new technologies.
- ISTQB certification.
- Experience of an issue reporting tool: DevOps, Bugzilla, Microsoft Test Manager or HPQC.
- 2 years’ experience in a software testing role
- Experience working with scripting languages such as Java or C#. Additional exposure to automated frameworks such as Selenium would be a bonus, ideally with Java / TestNG
- Experience in the application of statistics
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Experience using SQL
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative, international company in a growing industry that can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential.
Do you want to make a difference while building a successful IT career?
£1500 signing on fee (for direct applicants)
Generous salary offered
Work with innovative technologies and applications
Career progression opportunities
Creativity encouraged and supported
Personal development and certified training
About Randox IT:
The Randox in-house IT team, recently crowned Overall IT Company of the Year, consists of almost 50 highly skilled IT professionals spanning a broad range of IT specialisms including web development, infrastructure, enterprise support, information security, software development and software testing.