IT Security Manager
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
IT Security Manager (Job Ref: 22N/ITSQ)
Randox Laboratories has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and skilled IT Security Manager to join their IT team in the Randox Science Park in Antrim Town and play a pivotal role in delivering a first- class service to the business. The IT Security Manager will lead and develop a small team of IT Security Analysts and would serve as the company compliance officer with respect to security policies and regulations.
This key role will allow you to progress your career within a dynamic IT Department which has a proven track record for delivering exceptional results to all sectors of the business. At the 2021 Belfast Telegraph IT Awards Randox won 4 awards:
Overall IT Company of the Year – WINNER
IT Team of the Year – WINNER
IT Project Team of the Year – WINNER
Digital Project of the Year – WINNER
Role Description/Key Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and enforce suitable and relevant information security policies, standards and procedures which are reviewed on an annual basis
- Ensure these are compliant with the Data Protection Act and other legislation and regulations related to information security
- Research, develop, implement, test and review the company’s information security in order to protect information and prevent unauthorised access.
- Kept all staff informed on security measures, explain potential threats, install software, implement security measures and monitor networks.
- Coordinate the development and delivery of an education and training program on information security, data protection and privacy
- Investigate suspected and actual breaches of security and undertake reporting/remedial action as required. Maintain a log of any incidents and remedial recommendations and actions.
- Provide expert advice to the organisation on ISO27001 and, generally, on information risk analysis/management.
- Keep up-to-date with latest security and privacy legislation and security enhancing technologies and brief colleagues as needed to enable measures to be implemented where and when necessary/desirable.
- Conduct the information security risk assessment program. Review compliance with the information security policy and associated procedures.
- Continuously assess the shortfall between both actual security measures in place and being effective and those established at a policy level thus highlighting deficiencies for remedial action.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years working in a similar role
- Information Security qualification
- Previous staff supervision experience
- An excellent working knowledge of Information Security (including ISO27001) principles and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Self-motivated and organised
- Able to plan/complete implementations and contribute to culture change
- Positive attitude towards learning and development, demonstrated by a record of continuing professional development
- Broad awareness of hardware/software security products
- Good working knowledge of information risk analysis/management
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative, international company
Do you want to make a difference while building a successful IT career?
£1500 signing on fee (for direct applicants)
Generous salary offered
Work with innovative technologies and applications
Career progression opportunities
Creativity encouraged and supported
Personal development and certified training