IT Operational Support Specialist
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
IT Operational Support Specialist (Job Ref: 22N/ITOP)
Here at Randox IT we aim to provide and deliver a highly responsive, first-class support service to all Randox employees and relevant third parties, adhering to the ITIL Framework and ensuring that all IT related services are running effectively and operating within normal set parameters. We are currently recruiting for an IT Operational Support Specialist to join our Team based at the Randox Science Park in Antrim.
• Daily routine administration of the QC & Randox Health software platforms.
• Participate in customer support activities associated with the QC & Randox Health software platforms, and other software developed in-house.
• Worldwide travel for the installation of instances of the Acusera 247 software platform.
• Production of user requirements associated with requested software enhancements.
• Preparation of training manuals for users.
• Ensure all documentation is accurately and fully compliant.
• Adherence to the company’s Positive Work Environment Policies, Health & Safety procedures, and the maintenance of a safe working environment.
• A higher-level qualification in a Computer Science or Science related discipline.
• Understanding of statistical data sets.
• Experience in Customer Support.
• Third-level qualification in a related discipline.
• Experience working with relational databases.
• Experience with testing of applications in controlled, real situations before going live.
An international company operating in over 145 countries that continues to have unparalleled growth, Randox Laboratories has been the heartbeat of the UK’s National COVID Testing Programme throughout the pandemic. In early 2020 Randox recognised the threat from COVID-19 and, based on over 40 years of diagnostic experience, quickly developed a test to accurately identify the virus. Testing at scale commenced within weeks to support the UK’s National Testing Programme and private clients alike. Through the enormous effort and commitment of its staff Randox is currently operating at a capacity of 180,000 COVID-19 samples per day, making it the most productive laboratory in the UK and Ireland and amongst the very largest in Europe.
Additionally, as a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology and food security, our expertise and product portfolio have assisted laboratories across the world in improving health and saving lives. Our global success is a result of our pioneering products and the commitment & skill of our workforce, which continue to grow exponentially.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive and determination to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our talented staff play a role in this. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more. Join the Randox team and play your part in improving the health of millions.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.