Internal Quality Supervisor
T: +44 (0) 28 9335 1043
Ryobi Aluminium Casting (UK) Ltd is an innovative, world class supplier of high quality, technically complex automotive components. Based in Carrickfergus, Ryobi Aluminium Casting (UK) Ltd is a proud member of the Ryobi Group. With the help of our Japanese parent company we can bring the latest technological advances to our European Customers.
Ryobi’s vision is to maintain a sustainable business by achieving the best results for our customers, maximising the potential of every employee through mutual respect, trust and teamwork. Our mission is to be the Number 1 Die Casting Company in Europe, to build upon our current customer base and increase market share, and to satisfy customer and shareholder requirements.
- Supervision and training of QA Technicians.
- Provide and implement technical solutions to continuously improve the process.
- Lead and conduct Internal process and product audits
- Track progress of Internal 8D corrective and Preventative Actions
- Support and attend weekly Quality / Manufacturing Scorecard meetings
- Manual measuring and making short programmes on CMM when required.
- Control of all relevant records and documentation.
- Work with Quality Engineers to ensure the optimum conditions for manufacture of all products.
- Support the QA team in the achievement of departmental goals.
- Support new product launches.
- Daily review of any on hold product and disposition required.
- Ensure ongoing adherence to quality management systems.
- Investigate and report on employee grievances, corrective action/disciplinary matters in conjunction with Department Head and Human Resources, according to set procedures.
- Deputise for the Assistant Quality Manager when required.
- Practice good housekeeping and safety procedures.
- Participate with team working, information sharing, 5S and Continuous Improvement Programmes.
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies and systems, including the quality, health, safety and environmental policies and management systems.
- Other duties as assigned
- Third level qualification in an engineering/ technical discipline
- Candidates with a lesser qualification, plus significant relevant experience will also be considered
- Min. 5 years’ experience within a quality engineering environment
- Working knowledge of quality management systems, including TS16949 and ISO 9000
- IT literate, and proficient in the use of MS Excel
- Highly competent in training others to meet operation standards
- Demonstrated commitment to HSE, housekeeping and 5S principles
- Experience of interpretation of engineering drawings
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative and effectively contribute within a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Ability to see activities through to completion
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience in identifying training needs
- Coaching and employee development skills
- Experience in the use of process improvement tools/ techniques
Shortlisting and Interviews:
- Shortlisting – 6th June 2023
- Interviews – 12th June 2023
- Competitive salary
- Generous employer pension contributions
- A health cash plan
- Discount scheme
- Life assurance
- Service-related holidays
- Employee assistance programme
- Free car parking
- Learning and Development opportunities and support
- Ride to work scheme
- Service awards