We are seeking a HGV Mechanic/VMU Technician, to carry out the safe and efficient inspection, service and repair of all vehicles, trailers and ancillary equipment in line with agreed schedules and operating procedures, with our client Allied Bakeries in Belfast
Allied Bakeries is a national UK bakery based at the very heart of communities across the UK.
Allied Bakeries commitment to quality, service and partnership means they supply many of the UK's leading supermarkets with well known brands as well as being trusted to supply supermarket own-label bakery ranges.
Salary: £34,354 Per Annum
Job Type: Full time Permanent Position
– Enhanced holiday entitlement
– Pension Scheme with Life Assurance, starting at 4% matched by the business up to 10%
– Extra Slice’ scheme which provides great savings for more than 500 business/outlets including Tesco, Sainsbury, M&S & Curry's plus healthcare, gym discounts and holidays.
– Cycle to work scheme
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Free car parking
– Ensuring repairs are carried out to meet or exceed the minimum standards as laid down by VOSA.
– Carry out duties in a manner consistent with established safety, environmental and maintenance procedures.
– Work with VMU shift Co-ordinator / FLM and Logistics team to ensure vehicle availability in accordance with delivery schedules.
– To achieve shift KPI’s by working in an efficient and effective manner.
– To comply with laid down safety procedures, highlighting any non compliance issues to the VMU Co-ordinator / FLM.
– To ensure the effective use of resources available to carry out specific tasks or duties.
– To ensure that vehicles other fleet assets are maintained in accordance with Company and VOSA standards.
– Assist the VMU Co-ordinator / FLM to liaise with the Transport and Logistics departments about vehicle availability.
– To ensure that established sub contractors are effectively utilised.
– To work flexibly in carrying out any other VMU duties, as required.
– HGV mechanical experience.
– Good interpersonal and communications skills
– Customer focused
– City and Guilds LGV Qualifications or relevant equivalent in LGV Vehicle Crafts.
– LGV Licence category B
– Applicants applying for this role must provide their own tools and toolbox suitable for working within a commercial vehicle garage.
– LGV Licence category C&E
– Previous experienced gained in a LGV fleet maintenance operations
– Good planning and organisational skills
This HGV Mechanic/VMU Technician position is in Belfast, Northern Ireland
For more information regarding this role please call our Belfast office on 028 9032 2511 ask for Kinga or email Kinga.McVeigh@industrialtemps.com
INDUSTRIAL TEMPS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER