Head of People and Organisation Development
Northern Ireland Audit Office
T: (028) 9025 1000
Salary scale: £62,691 to £69,857
This is an exciting full-time opportunity to join the team in a progressive public sector organisation as the Head of People and Organisation Development. This is a rare chance to shape a key strategic role and partner with the Senior Leadership Team to build a future focussed people strategy and lead a programme of People and Culture transformation.
The Head of People and Organisation Development will have responsibility for delivering a people strategy that ensures we achieve our strategic objectives through creation of a professional learning culture, where innovation and high performance are the hallmarks of how we work. You will focus on how we develop our talent, create opportunities for growth, ensure high levels of engagement and retention, all in an environment that values diversity, inclusion and wellbeing.
The right person for this role will be:
- A role model of collaborative working, who creates winning strategies through the engagement of all stakeholders in informing the plans that impact them
- A confident and effective communicator, who engages and builds great working relationships with colleagues at all levels in the organisation
- A strategic and innovative thinker who can translate organisational goals into a highly engaging and robust people strategy, supported by realistic operational and project plans
- A change leader, with the ability to engage and bring people on a journey of transformational change. You will have the skills to get buy in and encourage others to do things differently for organisation and individual benefit
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant People and OD experience at management level or above
- Chartered membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Proven experience of developing and embedding people‐focused strategies to deliver business objectives
- Experience of supporting organisations, senior managers, and teams through transformational change
- Experience of creating or enabling development programmes that support capability development in high performing leaders, employees, and teams
- Proven experience of leading a successful People team in a people and service focused organisation
- Strong knowledge of the current trends and good practice within People and Culture
Desirable criteria, which may be used for shortlisting purposes if necessary:
- Experience of building relationships, consulting and negotiating with Trade Unions
- Generalist employment law knowledge
To learn more about the role, please email email@example.com
All job offers are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks including background checks. Candidates are required to have the Right To Work in the UK and be able to demonstrate this in pre-employment checks.
NIAO is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from diverse backgrounds.