Graduate Buyer (Marketing & Events)
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Graduate Buyer (Marketing & Events) – (Job Ref: 22N/GRMC)
Location: Crumlin, Ardmore Site. Shift Pattern: Monday – Friday, 8.40am – 5.20pm
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team within our Purchasing Department. This role will primarily focus on procurement for our expanding network of Health Clinics throughout the UK and Ireland. A keen interest in Marketing is desirable, as there will also be opportunity to work on some of the key projects in our busy Events calendar, alongside our Marketing & Events teams.
Buyers are responsible for purchasing products and services from suppliers, which offer value for money, quality service and sustainability in addition to the support of the departmental strategic objectives and the progression of our preferred suppliers.
Randox now offer free transportation from Antrim Train / Bus station each morning to take staff to our various sites in Antrim and Crumlin. This shuttle will take staff back to the station at the end of the day.
- Ordering materials and products for our Randox Health brand.
- Ensuring the inventory status is maintained to provide continued service while abiding by lean management principles.
- Communicating and negotiating regularly with suppliers to ensure on time delivery of goods and expected quality within specification whilst monitoring cost / identifying cost reduction opportunities.
- Preparing and issuing quotation requests.
- Carrying out quotation analysis and evaluation.
- Involvement in buying for specific events.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Marketing or other Business-related degree.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- Working accurately and to tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience of sourcing suppliers and conducting negotiations.
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing Qualification or willingness to work towards.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety and Total Quality Management requirements.
- Full training will be provided.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative international company in a growing industry that can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential.
An international company operating in over 145 countries that continues to have unparalleled growth, Randox Laboratories has been the heartbeat of the UK’s National COVID Testing Programme throughout the pandemic. In early 2020 Randox recognised the threat from COVID-19 and, based on over 40 years of diagnostic experience, quickly developed a test to accurately identify the virus. Testing at scale commenced within weeks to support the UK’s National Testing Programme and private clients alike. Through the enormous effort and commitment of its staff Randox is currently operating at a capacity of 180,000 COVID-19 samples per day, making it the most productive laboratory in the UK and Ireland and amongst the very largest in Europe.
Additionally, as a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology and food security, our expertise and product portfolio have assisted laboratories across the world in improving health and saving lives.