T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Freeze-Drying Supervisor – (Job Ref: 24N/FREE)
Randox has an exciting opportunity for a hardworking individual with great attention to detail to join our team at Randox. The role of Freeze-Drying Supervisor will involve the day-to-day supervision, and operation of the freeze-drying formulation section, ensuring that all batches are manufactured in accordance with order and product specifications.
Location: NI – Science Park, Antrim.
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday – 08.40 – 17.20.
- To ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Freeze-Drying Formulation team.
- The supervision of team members and the allocation of work and duties.
- The holding and documenting of team meetings.
- The liaising with other departments in relation to the planning of manufacturing schedules to meet order dispatch dates.
- Ensuring that formulation deadlines are met without compromising quality.
- The training and development of staff and the conducting of regular training reviews.
- The creation, maintenance, and improvement of departmental procedures in line with ISO requirements.
- Ensuring that staff, adhere to departmental procedures.
- The operation of various types of formulation equipment and analytical instrumentation.
- The routine maintenance and calibration of equipment and analytical instrumentation.
- Ensuring that accurate and adequate records are maintained covering every batch of material produced.
- The accurate use and maintenance of the Tetra (Sage) stock control system.
- The alerting of the Divisional Formulation Manager to any problems with freeze drying manufacture or production schedules.
- Adherence to company Positive work Environment Policies, health & safety procedures, and the maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Please note that this job description is intended as a guideline – new duties and responsibilities will be incorporated as a matter of custom and practice as the role evolves.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Be computer literate.
- Be qualified to at least degree standard in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Immunology, or a Life Science or have relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of quality systems.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety including CoSHH.
Randox Laboratories are passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products.
Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. To serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software, and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.
Randox Laboratories Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer.