Floating Support Worker
T: (028) 9046 1834
The Cedar Foundation is seeking to recruit the following staff member:
Floating Support Worker REF: 23-131-FSW-DOWN-WEB
Job Role Floating Support Worker
Location To cover Downpatrick/Lisburn/Newtownards geographical area
Salary Point 10 £22,346 (Pro Rata)
Hours 30 Hours per week
Hours across Monday to Friday between 9am – 5pm
Downpatrick/Lisburn/Newtownards Older People (55+) Floating Support Scheme
Cedar delivers a range of services that enable people with disabilities to get the most out of life and to be fully included in their communities. Our Floating Support Services are delivered throughout Northern Ireland and aim to ensure that people can remain living independently in their own home.
Providing a Floating Support Service to older people (55+) who require housing related support to develop their capacity to live independently and maintain their tenancy, in the Downpatrick/Lisburn/Newtownards areas.
Floating support can help a service user to resolve a housing crisis, improve their skills and build confidence in order to take control of their life and make their own decisions and maintain their tenancy.
Note: Personal care is not required for this post.
- Starting on 20 days annual leave pro rata plus Cedar recognises 12 statutory days
- Annual incremental pay increases on a 3-point salary scale
- Cedar offer an enhanced auto-enrolment pension scheme consisting of 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution.
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Investor in People Champion with commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities
- Staff recognition & reward incentives aligned to high standards of performance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access 24/7 Doctors Line
- Cashback health scheme
- Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers.
- RQF Level 2 Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 years’ paid and/or voluntary experience of providing support services to older people (55+) people with disabilities and/or other vulnerable groups
- Knowledge of the effects of older people, or disability and/or other vulnerable groups
- Proficiency in IT skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Hold a full current driving licence valid for use in the UK and Ireland and have access to a car on appointment. Valid driver licence, business insurance & MOT certificate as relevant. Checked prior to appointment. This criterion will be waived in the case of a suitable applicant who has a disability, which prohibits them from driving but who is able to organise suitable alternative arrangements in order to meet the requirements of the post in full.
Please note due to the rural setting/large area to be covered or additional timeframes, public transport would not be a suitable alternative.
Apply Online: https://cedar-foundation.getgotjobs.co.uk/home
Closing Date: Monday 29th May @ 23.59
Expected Interview Date: Wednesday 14th June 2023
We are happy to accommodate interviews not only face-to-face, but my Teams, or Zoom
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER