T: +353 (1) 457 5000
The fleet Manager will provide and manage a safe, efficient, reliable, and cost-effective transport. Manager will be responsible for providing support to the contracts & senior management as and when required in relation to fleet expertise. To Manage Vehicle Repairs.
General Key Duties
- Manage the Operator Licence and Operating Centres and PMI checks on Company vehicles
- Be a key driver and serious about safety by leading from the front
- Plan, organise and manage all garage, transport, activities to meet the business needs
- Responsible for the maintenance of all transport and fleet including service history, calibration etc.
- Ensure the fleet is properly maintained and all necessary documentation and records are kept
- Manage and resolve queries and complaints efficiently and courteously
- Adhering to all the company’s safety guidelines including wearing of all personal protective equipment.
- Ensure all vehicles are tracked with our telematics systems Samsara.
- Transport Audits Annually with FORS and Van Excellence (Logistic UK)
Key Duties: Fleet
- Liaise with fleet admin and ensure invoicing has been completed and ensure hire, fuel, other charges, telematics, repair/maintenance orders are raised on system for cost control.
- Promote and ensure understanding of and compliance with transport policies, procedures, and legislation (e.g., Tachograph, towing, ADR regulations)
- Check Driver Files are up to date addressing appropriately if not – Build & maintain Files for all drivers and all training records and Driving Licence kept on file keep for 2 Years.
- Maintain Operating Centres & Operator licence in our different traffic area – ensure compliance with Licence Operator regulations are met without fail. Reporting any non – compliance attend all operator centres as per Traffic Commissioner guidelines.
- Ensure competitive pricing for parts
- Ensure all vehicles are sign written correctly as per Circet Livery standards.
- Liaise with fleet admin and ensure monthly reports are produced and distributed accordingly addressing appropriately if not.
- All legal requirements and Fleet requirements to be met on all owned/hired vehicles.
- Ensure drivers are aware of laws relating to driving hours and rest times/breaks (RTWTD).
- Ensure all vehicles over 3.5 ton adhere to the 6 weekly checks required by Operator licencing.
- Ensure all vehicles have motor insurance as required by Law on our MID portal.
- Ensure all drivers meet the legal requirements across UK.
- Ensure all accident and defect reporting for all fleet vehicles including any insurance claims.
- Responsible for the control of fuel cards also issuing vehicles through our in-house system.
- Procurement experience dealing with suppliers and pricing of third-party garages and parts and verifying invoices.
- Managing Drivers for the FORS Driver training courses.
- Installing Trackers and De-tracking vehicles.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications required:
- CPC Qualification and Good Repute with minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Proficient IT Microsoft and systems skills. Understanding of Transport Systems/Telematics.
- Effective time management.
- Effective management skills through others.
- Team player with a flexible approach to work & hours of work.
- Flexibility in relation to working hours.
- Continued training to meet the company requirements.