Fitter Team Leader
T: +44 (0) 28 9335 1043
Ryobi Aluminium Casting (UK) Ltd is an innovative, world class supplier of high quality, technically complex automotive components. Based in Carrickfergus, Ryobi Aluminium Casting (UK) Ltd is a proud member of the Ryobi Group. With the help of our Japanese parent company we can bring the latest technological advances to our European Customers.
Ryobi’s vision is to maintain a sustainable business by achieving the best results for our customers, maximising the potential of every employee through mutual respect, trust and teamwork. Our mission is to be the Number 1 Die Casting Company in Europe, to build upon our current customer base and increase market share, and to satisfy customer and shareholder requirements.
- Attend regular meetings to communicate with other departments to plan & review Die modifications, improvements, schedules & customer requirements
- Organise haulage for transporting dies to sub-contractors, including loading / unloading lorries with die tooling & completing all relevant paper work
- Liaise with sub-contractors via email, phone calls & meetings to discuss die tooling modifications, schedules etc.
- Stock control of die tooling spares on Lean Lift storage equipment
- Create check sheets for new products
- Quality checks using 3D scanning equipment & software & sophisticated measuring instruments
- Set / monitor KPIs activities to improve performance
- Create Machining requests & set machining priority list
- Co-ordinate the daily activities of Die Maintenance team including shift rotation, breaks, planning Die service schedules, see through Die modifications & urgent breakdowns.
- Record daily work reports. Oversee work of other Die Maintenance personnel as required.
- Train Die Maintenance Technicians & Operators.
- Monitor and complete all required paperwork and confirm its accuracy & update die availability board
Please see attached job description for more duties.
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in a relevant subject (Candidates with a lesser qualification, significant relevant experience and a commitment to personal development will also be considered
- 5 year's experience within Tooling Maintenance
- IT literate, proficient in MS Office and Excel
- Currently operating at Senior Technician Die Maintenance level
- Able to lead and motivate a team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills
- Customer focus and teamwork skills
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Previous experience within a manufacturing/tooling environment
- Experience of Toolmaking
- Method of repair for tooling
- Timed served within engineering environment
Shortlisting and Interviews:
- Shortlisting – 2nd October 2023
- Interviews – 5th October 2023
- Competitive salary
- Generous employer pension contributions
- A health cash plan
- Discount scheme
- Life assurance
- Service-related holidays
- Employee assistance programme
- Free car parking
- Learning and Development opportunities and support
- Ride to work scheme
- Service awards