Facilities Manager – Mechanical
Facilities Manager [Mechanical]
SITE: Odyssey, Site-wide
LOCATION: Queen’s Quay, Belfast, BT3 9QQ
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Facilities Manager
TERMS: Nominal 37.5 hours per week, however due to the level of the role, flexibility is required.
DATE: September 2023
This is an exciting time to join the Odyssey Group who manage and operate the Odyssey Complex; comprised of the SSE Arena, Pavilion retail space, W5 educational entertainment venue, and the Complex-associated car park. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring all mechanical assets within the estate are maintained to the highest standards.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities
- The Facilities Manager will be responsible for creating a safe, secure, and high-performing workplace, ensuring a very high service level with regard to the maintenance of all mechanical assets.
- The post holder will manage a small team of engineers to maintain the mechanical assets with the aid of our CAFM system for all corrective & reactive maintenance activities.
- Embedding a positive culture through clear communication, direction, coaching and training to ensure a consistent team performance.
- Responsible to provide input into the compilation of the annual budget for maintenance & upkeep of all facilities within your area of responsibility, ensuring that the maintenance plan and services are delivered to agreed budgets.
- Set routine programmes of work for all areas of responsibility to ensure high standards of hygiene, safety, cleanliness, presentation & maintenance across all internal & external areas of the property.
- Ensure all areas of responsibility within the property are compliant with legal and regulatory responsibilities.
- Work with the Senior Facilities Manager to review, develop and maintain a preferred suppliers process to ensure appropriate SLAs and KPIs are delivered.
- Work with suppliers and contractors to ensure high standards of work completed, proactively addressing concerns.
- Work to ensure all contractors activities are completed in line with health and safety legislation and Trust procedures, ensuring safe operational processes are conducted by contractors with relevant RAMS submitted and reviewed for all works.
- Develop all operations and facilities processes / procedures, ensuring structure are in place for ongoing review and improvement.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues including providing call out cover.
- Working closely with the Senior Facilities Manager, in support of CAPEX projects.
- Act as Project Manager where required for capital projects, overseeing the review, design, bidding and construction of the repairs or capital improvements.
- Work in conjunction with the Security Manager & Health & Safety Co-ordinator to proactively maintain health and safety, identifying and action any potential hazards or risks.
- In conjunction with the Senior Facilities Manager and other key stakeholders, proactively drive green initiatives including but not limited to managing energy use across the business.
- Be an ambassador of the Trust, always delivering excellent customer service through high standards of professionalism, acting as primary backup for the Senior Facilities Manager as required.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as required by your line manager.
Salary Negotiable – dependent on qualifications and experience.