Facilities Co-ordinator, 2x, Part Time, Flexible Working
Belfast Central Mission
T: +44 (0)28 96211544
Job Title: PT Facilities Co-Ordinator
Project and Location: BCM Headquarters, Grosvenor House,
Glengall Street, Belfast
Reports to: Deputy Estates & Facilities Manager
Main Purpose of Job: We are currently looking for friendly and motivated individuals who can provide excellent customer service, to join our Estates and facilities team within BCM. As a team we deliver a variety of services to the whole organisation across our sites. This position will be based at our Glengall St Headquarters. From here you will carry out a range of duties central to our team and all that we do. We require people with a can-do attitude and will provide on-the-job training to support your development. Join us and you will be part of an organisation that brings real support and values others.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To be the first and main point of contact for users of the building.
- To be based at reception and maintain the phone system.
- To carry out routine administrative tasks when required.
- To perform basic admin tasks such as data entry & document management.
- Assist with scheduling appointments.
- To receive letters / parcels.
- To set up rooms for meetings.
- To report any defects to maintenance team.
- To add & remove electronic maintenance requests.
- To ensure adequate heating levels within Grosvenor House.
- Daily external check of grounds and litter pick
- To assist with the ordering of cleaning consumables.
- To operate the Fire Alarm System and report faults.
- To control the car park barrier, and door access control system.
- To control access by contractors.
- To carry our weekly/ monthly compliance checks eg. fire alarm.
- To record and report accidents.
- To ensure fire escape routes are kept clear.
- To work as a member of the Estates team and contribute to its overall effectiveness.
- To communicate in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- To undertake other duties as required by your manager.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Hours: 20 hours per week, as per rota.
Salary: 10.52 per hour (or NMW for 23 years and younger)
Holidays: 20 days per annum plus 12 Public holidays pro rata.
Probation Period: Six months,
Pension: Employers contribution is 4%
Period of Notice: Less than one months service = one week.
One months service or more = one month.
Sick Scheme: You will be eligible for Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) provided you meet certain qualifying conditions.
You will be given the opportunity at interview to discuss these and other matters.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Familiar with outlook, Word & excel.
- Administrative experience
Knowledge & Experience
- Some customer service experience
- Experience of responding to telephone queries
- Attention to detail
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to work as part of a team and maintain good relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to prioritise & plan.
- Clear and concise verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude to work.
- Flexible attitude to work
- To be committed & reliable
- Enjoy a variety of working tasks
- Inquisitive and enthusiastic
- A willingness to learn