The purpose of the scheme is to enable short film directors and producers to ‘step up’ from short films to longer form projects.
- The scheme will be open on a rolling basis.
- Potential applicants are asked to apply to the scheme only when they meet the eligibility criteria.
- Applicants must clearly demonstrate how they meet the eligibility criteria in their application.
- If accepted onto the scheme, eligible applicants will be put forward for placements as either Assistants to the Director(s) or Producer(s) on Northern Ireland Screen funded productions.
- Being accepted onto the scheme does not guarantee that you will be either shortlisted or hired as a Director’s Assistant or Producer’s Assistant.
- Applicants who receive placements on productions will be employed by Northern Ireland Screen for the duration of the placement.
- Placements will be paid at Real Living Wage.
The priority sectors covered by the scheme are:
- Children’s TV Drama
- Daytime Continuing TV Drama
- Network TV Drama
- Independent Film
- Large Scale Production
WHERE IS IT BASED?
- The roles will be on Northern Ireland Screen funded productions filming in various locations normally within Northern Ireland.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Northern Ireland needs to be your primary residence for tax purposes.
- Each participant will be given no more than two placement opportunities.
- Where possible each placement opportunity will comprise of no less than a cumulative total of 30 days on set experience. This may be split across several productions.
- Once an applicant has completed a cumulative total of 30 days on set experience, they cannot re-apply to the scheme.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
You are eligible to apply if you can answer YES to these three eligibility questions:
1. Are you eligible to work in the UK?
2. Do you currently reside in Northern Ireland?
3. Are you available to participate in the scheme from April 2023?
- If you cannot answer YES to these three questions, please do not apply.
- In-eligible applications will be automatically discarded.
PLEASE SEE APPLICATION PACK FOR FURTHER DETAIL ON CRITERIA AND ELIGIBILITY.
Equal Opportunities Statement
“We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex; religious or similar philosophical belief; political opinion; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.”
We will monitor our programmes on an ongoing basis and target any under-represented groups as and when appropriate.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to the employment of disabled people, we operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). The GIS does not guarantee a job. However, its objective is to ensure a guaranteed number of disabled applicants, who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role they have applied for, are offered an interview.