T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Randox is currently looking to recruit a highly motivated experienced Developmental Toxicologist. Randox Testing Services, an ISO/IEC17025 accredited laboratory, provides drug and alcohol testing services to safety critical businesses across the UK, Ireland and overseas.
The role will be based within the Randox Testing Laboratory, Crumlin, Northern Ireland and be a part of an analytical team conducting drugs of abuse confirmatory testing of biological specimens for the purposes of workplace drug testing programmes.
- The development, improvement and expansion of mass spectrometry techniques on current and new analytical equipment within RTS up to ISO/IEC 17025 approval status.
- The accurate maintenance of analytical records and preparation of test reports.
- The maintenance and calibration of analytical instrumentation.
- The preparation and review of method validation records.
- The preparation and implementation of new standards operating procedures.
- Adherence to the company’s positive work environment policies, health and safety procedures and the maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Strict adherence to the company’s confidentiality policy within and outside of the organisation.
- Be qualified to at least a degree level in Biochemistry, chemistry or a Life Sciences Degree.
- Analytical experience (minimum 18months).
- Mass spectrometry method development.
- Possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Competent in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a confidential environment.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks to achieve maximum efficiency.
- An eye for detail with the ability to work accurately under pressure.
- Ability to act on their own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Mass spectrometry analytical toxicology experience.
- Working knowledge of ISO Quality Systems.
- Have previous experience working within an ISO/IEC 17025- regulated environment.
- Working knowledge of laboratory Health and Safety, including COSHH.
- Have previous experience of records management.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis.
Randox Laboratories are passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.