Customer Service Engineer
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Randox Laboratories is currently recruiting for a Biomedical Service Engineer to support our expanding operations.
The role will provide a talented and enthusiastic individual with an excellent opportunity to pursue an exciting and attractive career in the diagnostic industry. The role will involve installation, commissioning and set-up of biomedical equipment, routine servicing and preventative maintenance of analysers and associated equipment, emergency breakdown repair of analysers and provision of technical support via telephone and e-mail to Randox customers.
The successful candidate will be based in our Antrim Science Park.
- The servicing and maintenance of all Randox analysers (Biochip and RX) and support of third-party molecular / PCR equipment on site in Randox.
- Services include, but are not limited to: Preventative maintenance, Emergency breakdown repair of Analysers, Installation, Commissioning and Set-Up of Analyser equipment.
- Providing direct support to the end user and global network of Randox distributors via telephone and email, maintaining service and maintenance records according to the Service Department Procedure.
- Delivering engineering and operator training, as required, to internal staff, end customers, and distributor personnel.
- Must have the ability to operate and repair multiple analysers and analytical instrumentation.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Computer literate.
- Holds a full, clean driving licence.
- Available for extensive travelling.
- Relevant engineer qualification.
- Experience in the medical sector.
An international company operating in over 145 countries that continues to have unparalleled growth, Randox Laboratories has been the heartbeat of the UK’s National COVID Testing Programme throughout the pandemic. In early 2020 Randox recognised the threat from COVID-19 and, based on over 40 years of diagnostic experience, quickly developed a test to accurately identify the virus. Testing at scale commenced within weeks to support the UK’s National Testing Programme and private clients alike. Through the enormous effort and commitment of its staff Randox is currently operating at a capacity of 180,000 COVID-19 samples per day, making it the most productive laboratory in the UK and Ireland and amongst the very largest in Europe.
Additionally, as a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology and food security, our expertise and product portfolio have assisted laboratories across the world in improving health and saving lives. Our global success is a result of our pioneering products and the commitment & skill of our workforce, which continue to grow exponentially.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive and determination to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our talented staff play a role in this. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more. Join the Randox team and play your part in improving the health of millions.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.