T: +353 (1) 457 5000
Circet UK are currently on the market for an experienced Commercial Manager with knowledge of civils and cabling activities on telecom infrastructure maintenance contracts.
As Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for leading, assisting and developing the commercial team. The Commercial Manager will be implementing commercial reporting systems and procedures to maximise commercial benefits of all responsible contracts, with particular focus on risk mitigation, pricing of variations (EWN/CE Processes), supporting pre tenders, detailed cost management and day-to-day management of contracts or a portfolio of contracts.
Responsibilities as Commercial Manager include:
- Commercial functions across the various works programme including Design, Test & Commission, Materials, Telecoms, Electrification, Power, Plant.
- Work with the project delivery teams responsible for the work packages / project change control and management
- Liaise with Project / Contracts Managers to collate information on the projects.
- Work package cost management, including forecasting, budget management and control.
- Prepare internal and external commercial reports.
- Establish and maintain interfaces with key stakeholders.
- Manage costs of both direct labour, material, plant and subcontractors.
- Estimate change / variations using various methods.
- Forecasts cost and measure cost of completed work packages.
- Assist with the implementation of commercial strategies.
- Hold Meetings with both Clients and Senior Circet Management teams to keep cost projections in line with program.
- Work proactively with the Tender and Bid teams to secure new Clients and projects.
- Developing a strategy for supplier engagement for the UK.
Health & Safety Obligations:
- Fully understand and implement the company safety policy and procedures.
- Ensure that the programmes for the contracts are successfully delivered in a Safe, Quality and On Time Manner.
- Ensure that a ‘Right First Time’ culture is adopted and developed throughout the business.
- Drive compliance to any regulatory measures that may apply to the works and operations that Circet undertake.
- Ensure that all contracts achieve turnover and profitability by maximising efficiency and minimising cost of failure.
- Manage Client relationships within the client organisations across all areas.
- Sponsor new ways of working which would improve delivery and service then support any activities being undertaken to implement change.
Skills & Experience required:
- Degree qualified or similar.
- Proven ability to run complex bids and multiple bids.
- Understanding of pricing, cost and profit.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business profit & loss
- Experienced in the dispute resolution process
- Knowledge and understanding commercial construction law
- Experience working with NEC, JCT, ICE & bespoke contracts
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, an ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills.