Commercial Graduate (Rail)
T: +353 (1) 457 5000
Now recruiting for our 12- month Graduate Programme launching in September 2022 across our various office regions in Ireland and the UK! We are currently looking for graduates who are eager to learn on the job, put their skills to the test and are driven to succeed. Candidates who are motivated, ambitious and hardworking will gain invaluable experience while learning transferable skills that will enable them to grow personally and professionally throughout their time with Circet. In line with our 2022/2023 Graduate Programme, we are seeking a graduate to join our Rail team in the UK. Responsibilities and targets to achieve as a Rail Graduate include: Working alongside either Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Be able to put together a complete cost reimbursable application to a satisfactory client standard and be able to agree a certification for a few periods with limited WIP between them 2. Be able to review labour invoices and timesheets to a satisfactory standard – this includes challenging the labour supplier where required to obtain credit notes for any overcharges in relation to time or rates
- Be able to put together a lump sum contract application together (for a value less than £200k) to a satisfactory client standard and be able to agree a certification for a few periods with limited WIP between them
- Be able to put together low value variations and quotes to a satisfactory standard with minimal review from a Senior individual within the business
- Be able to upload a payment onto CBC for a subcontractor or raise an invoice for a client certification to a satisfactory standard
- Be able to put together a client monthly progress report from a commercial point of view to a satisfactory standard
- Be able to put together a complete lump sum contract application (for a value over £300k) to a satisfactory standard and be to agree a certification for a few periods with limited WIP between them.
- Be able to assist a Senior QS to put together a large valued variation/quotation (over £200k) to a satisfactory standard
- Be able to procure a subcontractor/supplier for a relatively low value order including putting the actual order together (over £50k) 4. Be able to put together a cost report at end of period internally for a project including a sufficient PPR with an accurate cash flow
- Be able to represent the business in concluding a small value order final account with a sub-contractor (Senior QS to be present if required to assist yourself
Skills & Experience required:
- The ability to organise, multitask, prioritise and work under pressure.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Exhibit analytical and problem-solving skills and willingness to adapt to new challenges.
- Establish good working relationships with colleagues.
- High attention to detail.