Civils Operative x30 – EIR Irish Fibre Networks
T: +353 (1) 457 5000
Working Hours: 8:00am – 5:30pm
Under the direction of the Operations Manager & Site Agents, applicants will be required to perform excavations, repairs and reinstatement's, installation of ducting, chambers and street cabinets and the installation of cable on telecoms infrastructure located within the public highway and customer’s premises using up to date client standard operating procedures and in full compliance to current legislation, health and safety requirements and company policies
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide new installation of duct, chambers, cabinets & associated equipment.
- Clear blockages in the carriageway and reinstate to industry standard ensuring all information / pictures are captured on company supplied assets
- Be competent in the use of Stihl Saws / Wacker plates / trench compactor / mini digger / jack hammer and hold the correct certification to complete the works
- Install new draw rope or cable as required
- Complete appropriate paperwork for your daily works (job sheets / risk assessments / plant sheets / driver checks)
- Experience of risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on health and safety requirements and responsibilities.
- To be responsible for the company assets & plant assigned to you for the purpose of performing your duties.
- To treat internal and external customers with respect and provide support at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all current client processes and procedures
- Experience in a similar operational or engineering environment within the telecommunications industry
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients.
- The successful candidate will hold a full Irish drivers licence and have a minimum 1 year proven driving experience, they will also be able to prove confident skills in the area of street works and have industry recognised qualification to the following standard: SLG, LUGS, First Aid, Basic and Advanced Re-instatement course
- One member of the crew must have HGV licence
- One member of each crew must have a towing licence (separate from HGV driver)
Health & Safety Compliance:
Monitor site practices and routines to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations, including the company H & S Policy, to minimise the likelihood of accidents and the resulting fines and compensation claims. Ensure training needs are identified and, in conjunction with HSEQ Department, arrange for personnel to attend such courses as are necessary. Failure to embrace a safe and secure environment can result in disciplinary proceedings.
Salary: 37k Minimum per year.