Chemistry Lab Technician
We are seeking Chemistry Lab Technicians for our client Terumo in Larne.
Pay Rate: £11.41 Per Hour
Job Type: Full time, Temporary Ongoing
Working Hours: 8.30am – 5pm
– To work under the direct supervision of the Lab Senior Analyst who reports to the QC Laboratory Manager.
– To be capable of using all the analytical equipment within the Quality Control Laboratory in a competent and careful manner.
– To perform incoming goods analysis based on documented analytical methods and procedures.
– To analyse to the appropriate test specification all Starting Materials and any other routine and non-routine analysis required in the laboratory.
– To ensure all products are properly status labelled.
– To implement calibrations of laboratory equipment and to ensure that all such equipment is maintained in good working order.
– To ensure all bench reagents and volumetric solutions are prepared as described in documented procedures and have been standardised where necessary.
– To routinely test site water samples to monitor and track production of Water for Injection use in manufacture of Sterile Pharmaceutical products
– To routinely test for particulate matter in sterile pharmaceutical finished product as a release test for commercial product.
– To maintain neat and accurate analysis records.
– Organise the sampling and storage of Retain Samples.
– To contribute to process improvement initiatives to drive continuous improvement
– To be responsible for the protection and well-being of other company personnel and minimise environmental impact.
– Understand the Company’s Health & Safety Policy and follow all Company procedures.
– Report all accidents or any unsafe conditions in the work-place that they are aware of to Management and also maintain in a good state of repair all protective clothing and equipment.
– The role will require lifting of samples and bags that weight up to 25Kg in a warehouse setting, so a general level of strength and fitness would be advantageous
– Ensure training has been received in relation to specific duties and that all training is documented in training records
– Conform to the Company’s Absence Policy and to adhere to Absence Procedures
– Report any out-of-specification results to their direct Line Manager
– Escalate any issues with materials availability or stock discrepancy to direct Line Manager
– Physically fit to carry out job and able to attend work on a regular basis. Able to carry up to 25Kg bags/cartons
– Secondary education in a science related subject
– Effective communication skills
– Be able to recognise and escalate issue with materials availability
For more information regarding these positions please call our Ballymena office on 028 2542 0140 ask for Roisin or email Roisin.Kelly@industrialtemps.com