Casual Care Worker – Level 3 days and nights available
Belfast Central Mission
T: +44 (0)28 9024 1917
- Multiple casual opportunities available – day and night shifts available
- Provide quality care and make a difference to the lives of our clients
- Enjoy access to a range of company benefits including pension, healthcare plans and more
About the role
To work with a variety of clients with varying service needs, providing person-centered care and support to residents, enabling them to maintain a quality of life. You will support residents with all aspects of their day to day living, including social and physical activities, personal care, mobility, and mealtimes. As a level 3 Care Worker, you will also have an active involvement in the provision and development of care plans for residents.
Responsibilities may include:
- Personal care including hygiene, toileting, bathing and dressing
- Mealtime assistance including preparation of foods, dining areas and feeding
- Domestic assistance e.g., changing bed linen, laundry, empty commode, etc.
- Support residents with activities, community links and forming friendships
- You will be actively involved in ensuring that appropriate care plans/programmes are developed for individual residents with their agreement to meet their physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual needs
- You will assist in maintaining efficient administrative systems for the smooth day-to-day running of Copelands, ensuring that all statutory and required records are always completed and kept in a safe place
- In agreement with the Manager, to delegate tasks as appropriate, ensuring they are satisfactorily performed.
- QCF Level 3 Health and Social Care OR equivalent qualification
Skills & experience
- 1 years’ experience working with older people in a residential or community setting at a senior level
- Understanding of Residential Care Homes Regulations (NI) 2005, the RQIA Residential Care Home Minimum Standards August 2011
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, patience, and empathy
- Ability to form appropriate supportive relationships with residents, representatives, and the wider community
- Ability to use initiative to resolve issues and follow correct reporting procedures
- Demonstratable IT literacy including experience using Microsoft Office applications, email, and the internet
- Experience of working with people with dementia and administration of medication is desirable
As an employee of Belfast Central Mission, you will be provided with ongoing personal and professional development, career pathways opportunities, a positive and supportive workplace culture alongside a range of staff benefits including:
- Health and Pension Plans
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Company Pension Contributions
- Paid Uniforms and Mileage
- Flexible Working
Belfast Central Mission are an award winning, not-for-profit organisation, providing services including supported housing to all ages, residential aged care, retirement living, community services, counselling, and day care services across Northern Ireland.
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
To work at BCM, you will be required to supply proof of work rights and an enhanced AccessNI check.