T: (028) 9066 6188
The Cedar Foundation is seeking to recruit:
Care Assistant 22-289-K-WEB
Location: The Karuna Home 3-5 Minorca Dr, Carrickfergus BT38 8WP
Salary: £9.79 per hour. Additional hours £11.18 per hour
Hours: 35 hours per week – 7 hour shifts including evening and weekends and BH’s
We are currently offering a Welcome Bonus totalling up to £1000 paid throughout your first year of service. Ts&Cs Apply.
The Karuna Home provides residential care for up to ten adults who have Learning Disabilities and associated conditions aged 18 or over. Karuna aims to provide high standard accommodation and care for our residents in a purpose built accommodation. Karuna is located in Carrickfergus town centre close to local amenities.
As a Care Assistant you will work as part of a team, developing effective relationships with colleagues and service users. You will assist residents with daily living including personal care and support with inclusion of residents in a broad range of activities.
Care Assistants are required to work flexibly and be available to work unsociable hours and public holidays on a rotational basis.
- Annual Leave 5.6 weeks days pro rata in each leave year (inclusive of statutory days). This increases to 6.6 weeks after 5 years’ service and 7 weeks after 10 years’ service
- Paid breaks
- Free car parking as well as tea and coffee
- Paid annual NISCC registration fees
- Investor in People accredited organisation with commitment to development of employees through paid training and learning opportunities, including QCF Level 3
- Enhanced rate of pay for working additional shifts
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme, 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution
- Occupational Sick Pay (2 weeks full pay, 2 weeks half pay after 6 months service)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme including access to 24/7 Doctors support
- Health Cashback Scheme
- Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers
- Effective verbal and written communication to include numeracy skills
- Interest in working with people in a care environment.
- Awareness of the needs of people with learning and physical disabilities
Apply Online: https://cedar-foundation.getgotjobs.co.uk/home
Closing Date: 5th December 2022 at 9am
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER