Biochip Formulation Scientist
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Biochip Formulation Scientist – (Job Ref: 23N/BIAB)
We require a highly motivated and enthusiastic Scientist to work in the Formulation Department based in the Randox Science Park in Antrim.
- The preparation of antibodies and associated buffers essential to the Biochip Formulation manufacturing process.
- Following standard operating procedures and completion of formulation related documentation.
- The operation and maintenance of the associated formulation laboratory equipment.
- The maintaining of accurate stock records for materials critical to production – ensuring that discrepancies are reported and orders places if required; thereby reducing delays in the scheduled production.
- Raising and completing works orders through SAGE stock system.
- The removal of completed biochips from incubators: carrying out mark up of sheets.
- Performance of established maintenance checks on the DI water plant system.
- The alerting of the Biochip Formulation Team Leader / Supervisor to any problems in the manufacture of Biochip material.
- Liaising with Biochip Production Operators and QC Analysts.
- The cleaning and up-keeping of the formulation work areas in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Be qualified to at least degree standard in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Immunology, or a Life Science, or have relevant experience.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Possess excellent organisational skills.
- Be computer literate.
- Computer literate and be confident in the use and applications of Microsoft Office packages.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety, including CoSHH.
- Experience of Quality systems.
- Experience working within a Clean Room environment.
- Experience with electronic stock system.
An international company operating in over 145 countries that continues to have unparalleled growth, Randox Laboratories has been the heartbeat of the UK’s National COVID Testing Programme throughout the pandemic. In early 2020 Randox recognised the threat from COVID-19 and, based on over 40 years of diagnostic experience, quickly developed a test to accurately identify the virus. Testing at scale commenced within weeks to support the UK’s National Testing Programme and private clients alike.
Additionally, as a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology and food security, our expertise and product portfolio have assisted laboratories across the world in improving health and saving lives. Our global success is a result of our pioneering products and the commitment & skill of our workforce, which continue to grow exponentially.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive and determination to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our talented staff play a role in this. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software, and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more. Join the Randox team and play your part in improving the health of millions.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.